A/C removal - aux belt routing Now Solved!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A/C removal - aux belt routing Now Solved!
I removed the a/c compressor last weekend and changed the belt and tensioners. I bought the belt that was recommend on here 6pk1175 but it's way too short and as it was Sunday I couldn't take it back so I had to run it this week bypassing the tensioner completely, I had to stretch the bastard to get it on at all. I then drove through an epic puddle on Tuesday and now it squeals constantly which is doing my head in! Censored

I'm going to get another today but just not sure which size to get. Any help appreciated and rep given for a solution

Cheers

The first pic (red) is the standard a/c setup. The next one (orange) is how it is on the car now. The final one (green) needs to be completed!!! Sorry for the ms paint fail but i think it makes sense!!

Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Check out http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5741.html

Post 5.
Thanks given by:
Cheers bud! But the 1173 is WAY too short, i had to lever it onto the crank pulley to stretch it slightly but there is no way it would go round the tensioner as well.

I went to the motor factors today and got a 1185, 1195 and a 1200. All are too short. Going to get some string on it tomorrow and measure it properly I think. I did take off the top idler but then all the sizes I had were too big! Grrrr!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
It's definitely the right size, i have one on mine now. Do you know how to use the aux belt tensioners?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ummm! Yea although you are making me question myself now! Is the top one adjustable then? I took it off completely and replaced it for the one I bought off Toms306 as mine rattled a bit, I couldn't see a way of adjusting it though.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
You are pushing it back towards the bulkhead to get the belt on yes?
Thanks given by:
No mate, this is starting to sound like a fail on my part! LolAs iI said I did look at it but couldn't see a way of adjusting it. I'll have a play at somepoint during the week and post up.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Oh dear lol.... That bolt head on the tensioner, put a 15mm spanner on it and push it back towards the bulk head.

There are holes where you can stick an Allen key to keep it pushed back in the right place but I never found enough access for that so just held it.
Thanks given by:
I only ask cos I did the same thing a few months back LOL! Yeah, basically get a spanner on the top tensioner and puh towards the bulkhead to release, lock it off with an allen key or something in the locking slots. Then loosen the lower tensioner and you should have plenty of room to fit the belt. Use the elliptical tensioner to take up the slack, doesnt need to be very tight, then release the top tensioner and youre done.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Spot on chaps! As I said I'll have q crack one evening this week, probably tomorrow and then there will be rep to each of you!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Thought I should update this as the issue is now resolved. It was me failing to adjust the top auto tensioner. And yes the correct belt is as Poodle said, 6PK1175

Rep to Tom, Poodle and deeturbo!

Here is the final belt routing

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aux belt routing declantg 11 5,996 12-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Last Post: West