HDi 2nd key

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi 2nd key
Hi all,

I only got 1 key with my HDi, so I'm in need of a spare. My questions are:

1. Do the HDi's have a transponder in the key? (2 button key, no LED, no infrared, it's RF based I believe)
2. Where can I get a blank spare that I can get cut, inc transponder if #1 applies?
3. If #1 applies, how do I program the new key to the car?

I've done a search of the forum but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Ebay seems to have quite a lot of different keys so I want to be sure I'm getting the right one.

Thanks all,

Andy
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
I think you need Peugeot planet to reprogram keys. There's a guide in the guide section for how to do it.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Same question from me really.
HDi only one key Sad
Thanks given by:
keys need to be cut!
can be done two ways copy existing key high street key cutters or get one cut from the security code that came with car at peugeot or good locksmith

Remote locking needs programming
can be done two ways and only with a virgin RCL board . peugeot planet and the security code yourself or at peugeot or a good locksmith

Immo chip needs programming
can be done 3 ways
vircin chip peugeot planet and the security code yourself
virgin chip peugeot dealer or good locksmith with the security code
or high street key cutters some can clone the immo chip onto a blank no security code needed
Thanks given by:
So a good locksmith sounds like a better bet than going to Peugeot direct!
As for the security code, it's found in the vehicle, or in the manual/logbook for the vehicle? I read about a plastic credit card sized well 'card' that should have come with the car when new with this info on, obviously lost now, so that rules out the DIY approach I presume?

Virgin RCL boards can be bought through eBay easily? Or is all junk on there? Same with the virgin immobiliser chips?
Thanks given by:
yes the security code is on a blue plastic card in the handbook/manual case like a credit card with a scratch off panel to reveal the code

the code is available from peugeot for a charge

honest answer if you have no code take the key to a highstreet key cutter and ask them to cut a key and clone the immo probably £40 ish
as for the RCL id forget it

or if you want it all key/immo/rcl go to peugeot as you would need the code and they can get it

also remember if you get a new key from pug or a locksmith that programs the key, they will need the car and your other key as they all need programming as a set together

cloning the immo is not the same as programming the key so you will not need the security code for clonning
Thanks given by:
I've been quoted £35 for a basic immobiliser programmed key (no RCL) from Timpsons which seems fair to get a spare key.

But for my main key I need a new 'body/fob' for it, as the current one isn't too fresh looking.
I've a phase3 with RF RCL, so don't need a fob with the hole for the LED transmitter, but they all seem to have them on eBay? Is there a place where I can buy a good key fob body without the RF hole in?

I wondered if my PCB would fit in the newer style 2 button Peugeot keys, but opened up my sisters 206cc key fob to find the PCB wouldn't fit inside Sad
Thanks given by: