gti caliper bolt size?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti caliper bolt size?
hi guys just purchased some GTI brake calipers for a up-grade and was told the 2 bolts that hold my caliper to the hub will be too short?. if this is right what size are they if known. cheers
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
If anything they're too long. When I put mine on they were a nightmare to get tightened up 'cos the threads in the hub hadn't been used that far in. I'd advise running them the whole way in before putting the caliper on.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2013, 10:25 PM)Harky Wrote: If anything they're too long. When I put mine on they were a nightmare to get tightened up 'cos the threads in the hub hadn't been used that far in. I'd advise running them the whole way in before putting the caliper on.

what he said ^^^^^^. . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ill do that Smile. what if i put a washer on the bolt so i dont have to basically force it in
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2013, 10:43 PM)karl1989 Wrote: ill do that Smile. what if i put a washer on the bolt so i dont have to basically force it in

that's what i did, bit of thread lock as well just to be safe . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
nice Smile. will do that. just got to try fix the 13mm bolt that goes in the bolt for the rubber boot. its kinda snapped Sad
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear caliper yoke bolt spec tigerstyle 12 3,027 25-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Alan_M
  hub pinch bolt size rd070707 1 930 25-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: swampy