Vehicle history check...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle history check...
Righto, looking on gumtree uk's site(first downfall i know) for a car for the mother.

seen a cheap car that's suitable, looking at pics looks OK, except drivers seat doesnt match passengers, right OK.

Description of the ad then says for export only, hmm alarm bells(even though it would be exported form UK anyway)

Now, get a history check done, says cars registered as a cat b, right shouldn't be on the road, but then underneath it also says its a cat c, both with same date.
Like so:
Quote:Write Off (Cat. A/B/C/D) Yes
Write-Off Description 23/04/2012, Category C UK
23/04/2012, Category B UK

Now why the hell would this be??
I know all about the different insurance categories and B should never see the road again, parts only, where C can.
Would the car have been reassessed and changed to C from B, or changed to B from C? how would i know for sure what it is now?
I know a lot of Cars are written off as Cat Bs due to flood damage, but the different drivers seat suggests it took a smack.

Another strange thing is ad states V5 is in hand, didnt think they were issued for Cat B's???

Anyone any insight to why there's both categories listed?

I know i should just leave it and forget but its very cheap and im intrigued...
Thanks given by:
I don't have the answer but I think leaving it would be your best bet, sounds rather dodgy and there will always be another one that comes along.
Thanks given by:
yeah but its sooo cheap, about half the price of similar year and spec cars haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah best answer to that one is find another and forget about it,

if its cheap there is a very good reason, it says export only as that mean some where in Africa where there is no such thing as write off/ mot/ insurance because that's the only place youd be able to use it!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
but i just cant get my head around why its cat b.

Re reading ad it also says its motd and taxed, surely it must of been changed back to cat c?
Thanks given by:
Dodgy MOT and tax most likely. Like Jamie said, it's good to drive around Africa and that's probably why it's export only.
Thanks given by:
Always got to question why its so cheap.....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
that sounds dodgey as f*ck
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
As said, walk.

See it constantly with agri / tractor sales, generally speaking (well always tbh) if something is half the price it should be, its illegal / not what it looks like....

It wont be worth the time or hassle.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Probate vehicle valuations Paul_13 6 2,209 07-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Lifting a Vehicle over a Pit RetroPug 42 13,774 16-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Another new vehicle has arrived. Danny Wideboy 7 1,731 08-02-2017, 08:05 AM