Cam belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam belt
Hi all. When i bought my 306 hdi at 78,000mls the cambelt was changed. It now has 142thou on the clock, does it need to be changed soon, or what`s the average miles that a pug needs changing. Anyone with an answer would be good.
Thanks in anticipation.
Happy pug
Thanks given by:
Not sure on the hid what the recommended interval is but the xud is 60k. Either way I would get it done to be safe Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Think its every 70 on the HDi, so id say get it done as soon as.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It says 96K miles in the hand book, but yes its always better to get it done early as if it goes it'll do a lot of damage.

It's best to get the water pump done at the same time.

I replaced mine at 140k lol
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 05:48 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: It says 96K miles in the hand book, but yes its always better to get it done early as if it goes it'll do a lot of damage.

It's best to get the water pump done at the same time.

I replaced mine at 140k lol

Many thanks for info. Will have w/pump done at same time. Cars are like women,always putting your hand in your wallet lol
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Ive bin thinking that, mine was changed by bloke that had it before me at 118k now hit 140k was thinking of changing it
Thanks given by:
mine is just approaching 100k and im getting it changed now
Thanks given by:
has your belt never been changed sean?!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No history of it mate... i wouldnt have thought so either, i picked it up on 64k
Thanks given by:
LOL the engine sitting in my shed is on over 180k probably on its original belt.

5 years or 70k is a safe interval for changing them though
Thanks given by: