Fuel gauge gone funny

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel gauge gone funny
Rainbow 
I've noticed my fuel gauge has gone funny on my 306 hdi. I've done about 80miles with the light on now. Also one min it goes up then back down. I wanted to have a look also test the float to see if the dial changes etc.

I've checked the wiring going in to the fuel sender it looks fine.

I know how to take of the connector. But how do you take the 2 fuel pipes of?

Also do you need to run then pul the fuse out to clear the system before removing?

thanks
Thanks given by:
The large lock ring needs to be removed that holds in the lift pump, un do this by tapping it anticlock wise with a blunt tool, fuel lines unclip, theres a small coloured notch that needs to be pushed in with a screwdriver then they should pop off. Make sure u got a rag to catch the diesel that spills out.
Thanks given by:
I thought the gauges were just shit? :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
They are lol park on a hill and i get free diesel until driving along and the light sudden comes on.
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 03:25 PM)Leedunn86 Wrote: They are lol park on a hill and i get free diesel until driving along and the light sudden comes on.

Sounds good on a hill free lol
Thanks given by:
I took the fuel sender out and cleaned all the contacts up. Then tested the float from full to 3/4 to 1/2 to 1/4 and res it worked fine doing that showing on the gauge.

So I have to put some diesel in fill it up and see.
Thanks given by:
I let the car run low on diesel well I run outside of bargain booze of all places lol. But had a can ready so no problem then topped the fuel up to test it out.

But when I run out of fuel the k engine light come on. But the car running fine with no problems ahh!

Is there away to switch it of?

I do have a lexia but never used it yet......
Thanks given by:
That should clear itself. It's just chucked up a fault as the lp pump has no pressure. Fill it up and go for a blast.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2013, 12:22 PM)londondan86 Wrote: That should clear itself. It's just chucked up a fault as the lp pump has no pressure. Fill it up and go for a blast.

All cleared now thanks.
Thanks given by:
My HDi seems to like showing low fuel. I put £15 in yesterday and it still shows low until you go for a drive. It slowly goes up to the expected level after about 10 minutes. I live on a hill so this is likely why, but it's odd that it takes so long to come back up. Maybe it's to stop it bouncing wildly on the gauge?
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel gauge randomness Piggy 14 3,658 04-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Fuel Gauge Not Working - Ideas? 328isport 3 1,348 02-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: fatlapit
  Dash out funny issue bashbarnard 5 1,727 31-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Niall