KWP2000plus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KWP2000plus
Mornin guys looking on fleebay for 1 but none seem to say they work with vista. It all windows 98 2000 xp has any1 used it with vista? Or i could borrow a mats with windows 7.
Hdi decat midlebox mod soon to be stage1Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Stick to xp mate, persnally I wouldnt trust vista with anything, let alone mapping my car. Works on 7, needs different drivers though iirc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Anyone have any more info on how to get it running on windows 7?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you've got 7 ultimate then it has full XP compatibilty built in.. i've ran the kwp program on 7 and it seemed to be fine but have only ever used my XP netbook for actually mapping the car though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmm maybe stick to an old xp then, although my new laptop is more reliable
Thanks given by:
Ill have to find a xp 1 then.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother, just download virtual box and make a virtual XP machine, it'll work exactly the same and saves you either A) buying an XP machine or B) dual booting your normal machine purely for mapping
Thanks given by:
Rd, id go ahead with 7 fella, should be fine as midnight says.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I wouldn't recommend the KWP at all! I bought one, didn't work. I guess with eBay it's luck of the draw.

I'd definitely go with the Galleto, but that was the tool that bricked my ECU a few weeks ago.

If you to map your car, stay still. DON'T touch anything or move, at all! Make sure the laptop is plugged in, head unit turned off, lights etc, and if possible, try plugging a charger into the battery to keep the voltage stable.

I really wish I'd done all this before I mapped, if you do brick it though, pro_steve is your man!
Thanks given by:
So you bought a faulty tool... but would instead prefer to use a tool that worked, but then bricked the ECU? right....

Must've used my KWP over 30-40 times, never been an issue.. i know plenty of other people prefer the kwp to the galletto
Thanks given by:
So are there any things you MUST do when loading the map to ensure a safe upload?
Thanks given by:
yes, make sure the file size is correct! if it's anything other than 512kb DO NOT upload it.
Thanks given by:
Okay good tip didn't know that cheers
Thanks given by:
Ive got my girlfreinds sisters laptop now with xp on im gonna use it for a couple of days see how it is then load the kwp on see how ot is reading tje ecu and go from there.

Ive seen pro-steves video on youtube and looks quite straight forword.
Thanks given by:
It is straightforwards, the key is to pay attention and take care. As long as you double-check everything and make sure you follow the process to the letter there's actually not much to go wrong.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You may find yourself not breathing whilst the map is transferring lol
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2013, 07:46 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: You may find yourself not breathing whilst the map is transferring lol

This.. Every time...
Thanks given by:
Ye i may press enter and run lol
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 01:19 PM)rd070707 Wrote: So are there any things you MUST do when loading the map to ensure a safe upload?

As mensioned, confirm file size, if its not right, then its corrupt and you are destined for fail!

Make sure the car battery has good charge and isnt about to go flat

Make sure laptop has good charge AND plugged into the mains, to cover both sides.

Close everything on the laptop other than the KWP app, and make sure windows isnt set to go to sleep / turn screen off after few minutes.

I always write them in "slow", probs dont need to, and increases the time for something to go wrong, but just feel its more likely to transfer correctly this way.

Im yet to have a single one go wrong, so as said, its pretty foolproof, just make sure you have a reliable laptop and good car battery.

Also worth noting to put the laptop somewhere secure, and make sure leads cant flap around / dissconnect etc.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
My kwp should be here 2moro and just got windows xp put on my laptop. Im only going to install the kwp app untill the maps done. Aslo ive been watching pro-steves video on youtube so all should be well.
Thanks given by: