Think im turning into... An American!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think im turning into... An American!!
Scott Wrote:I mean professionally.

I play football, but I hate seeing the lady gardens that get tapped and start rolling on the ground as though they've been stabbed, then get a free kick and all of a sudden have found a magical cure.

I used to love football when I was a kid, but it's ruined for me these days, mainly because of professional footballers. I just can't support a load of greedy, overpaid, girly rapists...

This is why I love rugby league. Normal-ish wages (top players on 100-150k a year), no play-acting, full contact, cheap to watch (a Leeds season ticket is £220), and you can sit in a pub with opposing fans and take the piss out of each other without there being a riot...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I see your point but it's only some players that ruin it!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:I see your point but it's only some players that ruin it!

It seems to be the majority to me, at the top level at least. RL will probably end up the same, but for now it's still pretty uncorrupted. RL players do tend to get caught up in punch ups and arrested though...

One of Leeds' props Ryan Bailey was playing with an ankle tag a few years back lol
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Scott Wrote:I mean professionally.

I play football, but I hate seeing the lady gardens that get tapped and start rolling on the ground as though they've been stabbed, then get a free kick and all of a sudden have found a magical cure.

I used to love football when I was a kid, but it's ruined for me these days, mainly because of professional footballers. I just can't support a load of greedy, overpaid, girly rapists...

This is why I love rugby league. Normal-ish wages (top players on 100-150k a year), no play-acting, full contact, cheap to watch (a Leeds season ticket is £220), and you can sit in a pub with opposing fans and take the piss out of each other without there being a riot...

Agreed completely! I watch union instead of league but it's much the same in terms of how people behave! You can have fun at a rugby match and take the piss out of the others. Do that at a football match and you'll end up getting stabbed!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Foxy-jim Wrote:I see your point but it's only some players that ruin it!

It seems to be the majority to me, at the top level at least. RL will probably end up the same, but for now it's still pretty uncorrupted. RL players do tend to get caught up in punch ups and arrested though...

One of Leeds' props Ryan Bailey was playing with an ankle tag a few years back lol

Ye that wouldnt happen in football! It annoys me too, im not goi deny it!
Thanks given by:
I keep meaning to make a thread to see if there's any more RL fans on here for some Superleague banter...
Thanks given by:
I watch it occasionally. Not very often though. I do enjoy a bit of rugby, dont mind either code.
Thanks given by:
I never got into union, I come from a family of league players. My grandad played for Hunslet, my uncle played for Leeds and my cousin plays for Dewsbury now. I played youth rugby and had trials at Salford, Halifax, Huddersfield and Keighley but I ruined my knee and haven't really played since I was 17 Sad
Thanks given by:
Damn. My grandad supports salford! Ive just played football always and been good at it so stuck to that. Played rugby at school and enjoye dit but never carried it on.
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Damn. My grandad supports salford! Ive just played football always and been good at it so stuck to that. Played rugby at school and enjoye dit but never carried it on.

I liked Salford, it was a trek from where I live but it was a bloody good club, Crap facilities but good coaches and a half-decent first team, I think I'd have done well there but I played badly in 2 trial games and they decided to go with another full back. I went for a trial at Halifax the next week and played in the same side as Ryan Hall who's a regular for Leeds and Great Britain and our highest try-scorer last season...
Thanks given by:
Damn thats pretty unlucky! I played for Plymouth Argyle until 13, and have played for a semi-pro football club, and offered trials at a few others. Playing for the uni first team now, but playing rubbish at the moment though. Its so frustrating.
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's nowt worse than a shit run of form...
Thanks given by:
Its horrible! I always lose my head haha.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Lobbland Ed Doe 13 2,282 26-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Kwik
  Turning pages like a Boss! Eeyore 8 1,527 18-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Last Post: smanfa