Rod change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod change
How hard is it to change the dt rods to hdi rods?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Not very.
Thanks given by:
What needs to be done? The head is already off
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Drop the sump, un bolt the end caps, rub down the black lip on the top of the bores, lube the bores well then push them out from the bottom.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I'm doing it on mine at the moment. Take the sump off then oil pump then undo the big ends and knock the pistons out and change the rods over. It's pretty easy really.

I'm just struggling getting new big end shells
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2013, 09:42 PM)Frosty Wrote: I'm doing it on mine at the moment. Take the sump off then oil pump then undo the big ends and knock the pistons out and change the rods over. It's pretty easy really.

Whats the struggle just buy them new from an engine remanufacturers. I paid £54 inc VAT.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2013, 09:42 PM)Frosty Wrote: I'm doing it on mine at the moment. Take the sump off then oil pump then undo the big ends and knock the pistons out and change the rods over. It's pretty easy really.

As I've said prob a couple of times to you already, get to your local engine rebuilders Smile

They'll be friendly and be able to get you exactly what you need, usually at a good price
Thanks given by:
I duno where there are any local engine rebuilders to me though
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 04:55 PM)Frosty Wrote: I duno where there are any local engine rebuilders to me though

Hmmm hang about, let me google that for you...

Assuming you're near exeter >

http://www.autoinsider.co.uk/local/engin..._33883.php

Back on topic though, rods are quite easy to change, pretty much what Ricky said really!
Thanks given by:
Dave, man up and come give me 40 of your finest English pounds and I'll give you 4 hdi rods to drop in your motor.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 05:36 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(14-05-2013, 04:55 PM)Frosty Wrote: I duno where there are any local engine rebuilders to me though

Hmmm hang about, let me google that for you...

Assuming you're near exeter >

http://www.autoinsider.co.uk/local/engin..._33883.php

Back on topic though, rods are quite easy to change, pretty much what Ricky said really!

Cheers i will give them a call
Thanks given by:
when fitting the rods do i need to use hdi or xud big end sheels? are they different or the same?
Thanks given by:
Only hdi bearings will fit in hdi rods, as locating tabs are different on xud

+ hdi bearings are sputter bearings (ie super hard)
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2013, 10:39 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Only hdi bearings will fit in hdi rods, as locating tabs are different on xud

+ hdi bearings are sputter bearings (ie super hard)

Ok cheers. i went to see them guys you gave me the link to and said that there for hdi rods but he wanted my reg. i will have to give him a call with a hdi reg
Thanks given by:
Be careful if you're renewing shells to make sure the little end isn't sloppy also.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thread resurrection.  can you get these out the bottom without taking the head off. cant remember its been a while

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Suppose if you want to drop crank / oil squirters, yeah. Don't think they'll come out with crank in situ though, poss
Thanks given by:
was just thinking of a cheap option for now as apprentlly people have diffrent ideas to what i mean by mildly tuned for my daily. i want around 150 bhp safeishly
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
nope, they won't come out the bottom
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: