Struggling to rev

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling to rev
Hello

I am having trouble with my car, it struggles to rev and really judders. It's only started recently. Anyone have ideas as to what it could be. It's very annoying when it does it!

Cheers

Dan
Thanks given by:
Fuel filter? Touched anything on the pump recently?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I have changed the filter. Not messed with the pump. It's on a standard Lucas.
Thanks given by:
I've just drove the car home and it was horrible to drive, was very juddery and felt bogged down. The engine also cut out a few times. I'm stuck as to what it is. So any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Bosch of lucas? Could be air getting in somewhere?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
pickup filter in the tank?

does it start straight away?

any fuel leaks?

(12-05-2013, 10:21 PM)Tom Wrote: Bosch of lucas? Could be air getting in somewhere?

he's already said its a lucas!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not checked the pickup filter. Yeah starts first time. I just put new glowplugs in. Not got any fuel leaks that I can see of.
Thanks given by:
have you had anyone plug it in? might have some silent codes.. never know. how long before it started running rough did you fill up? could be some bad fuel, had it before..
Thanks given by:
It's only started over the last couple of days. Full tank in it, was pretty close to the orange zone before I filled up. I changed the filter as thought it was that but it's still doing it. It's on an S(98) model so not sure if it can be plugged in.
Thanks given by:
^^^plug it in?! Hmmm....be great to see what results he would get! rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's a dturbo, not an hdi ^^
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
urghh i blame lack of sleep, no concentration lol but its getting fuel to start, so maybe a faulty pump?
Thanks given by:
Mine did this, I changed fuel filter, intank pump, injector seals and found out I had 2 f*cked injectors
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Dicky. I'll look at them next. Will bosch injectors work with the Lucas pump?
Thanks given by:
Just to add some more info to this.

I have replaced the fuel filter housing now thanks to Karl1989 after breaking mine stupidly.

However the car seems to be getting alot of air bubbles in the fuel line that leads from the top of the housing to the fuel inlet on the pump. I can see them as its see through hose on there. Also the car idles ok before starting to be very erratic and drops down very low on the revs and then dies. It also does this while the car is been driven and will suddenly cut out and then struggle to start.

I'm at a loose end now and don't know what is causing it.

Thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD struggling after 4k Dan! 15 5,357 15-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Last Post: jammapic