Help, broke down!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, broke down!
Yeh still stage 2 and yep about 2 years...

So when I read with digimoto I just get the egr code same when I use obd2crazy???
Thanks given by:
Honestly dude, get some live data up on pp2k and see what she's doing when you're cranking, easiest way to narrow down your options. Know anyone local to you who can do it?

EDIT: IIRC you're a bit far from me, else i'd do it... Undecided
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That the only program that can do it mate? Will ask about.
Thanks given by:
That and lexia 3 are your best bet, but any GOOD aftermarket scanner should do it - as in snap-on etc. Unfortunately they're all pretty expensive, figured pp2k was your best bet since quite a few members have it now.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Anyone know what this connection at the bottom is for? Seems to have a green wire missing? ?
[Image: uvuma3uz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The one in the block? Oil pressure switch I think.
Thanks given by:
That looks like the high pressure regulator. If there is a wire broken on that it will cause all sorts of problems.

Oops didn't see connector behind the regulator on my phone.
Thanks given by:
Just below the regulator, if you look Closely you can see there is a green wire sniped of of it?
Thanks given by:
The one coming off the block has only one wire, there's a green plug that blanks off the spare.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Ok Cheers. No idea what to test now??? HuhHuh
Thanks given by:
Where are you?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Rotherham mate . South Yorkshire.
Thanks given by:
Jusy a quick one. Should the injectors measures 0 resistance? I read somewhere that if they do then there nakerd?

Edit

When I connect to the cables that go to the injectors they all measure about 5volts when I turn the key to glowplug posistion. Then it gradually goes down. This sound about right?
Thanks given by:
Seems odd if that's the case, never heard of that before, don't really know much about the electrics though.

The voltage when the glowplugs come on shouldn't be there i don't think, injectors receive a firing signal of 80v and not much else afaik. Should think it's interference/feedback from somewhere else, did you check to make sure all the earths are intact?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 10:54 AM)Poodle Wrote: Seems odd if that's the case, never heard of that before, don't really know much about the electrics though.

The voltage when the glowplugs come on shouldn't be there i don't think, injectors receive a firing signal of 80v and not much else afaik. Should think it's interference/feedback from somewhere else, did you check to make sure all the earths are intact?

Dont understand the last part mate. I got the same voltage when I cranked it? Also I will have a check of the earth's.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, i meant the 5 volts you mentioned seeing on the injectors when you turn the ignition on - that shouldn't be like that afaik.

Injectors aren't receiving the firing signal then, so your ecu isn't willing to let the car start. Really need a look at that live data bud.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Got someone who can come down with pp2k but not till next week so until then just going to keep digging. I need my car lol

Any reason why it would show some voltage? Would of thought that it would be 80v or nothing?

This is how i am measuring the voltage going to the injectors.

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf...121152.mp4
Thanks given by:
Hmm, vid doesn't work.

I assume it would show voltage because of feedback/interference from something else, i don't know though. Need Cully in here lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol yeh could do with him. The vid should work mate it works on my phone in the browser.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 12:35 PM)Poodle Wrote: Hmm, vid doesn't work.

I assume it would show voltage because of feedback/interference from something else, i don't know though. Need Cully in here lol.

Hes gone out to take pics of his '6! Hes got auto data too which would really help you work it out :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Going to download autodata now. Dont know what to look for tho to be honest.
Thanks given by:
Just jad a thought. If the fpr is stuck or clogged would that stop the car from starting and also cause the low voltage to the injectors? Going to give it a clean just a bit stuck as the torx bolts are rounded off.
Thanks given by:
Just says stream not found or something.

You can check the frps to see if you've got enough fuel pressure, should show ~1.3v while cranking.

EDIT: The fpr could stop it starting, try the above to see if you've got pressure.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Getting really strange readings.will get a video up.if it does have the correct reading it could still be clogged tho couldn't it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibvV6z-E...ata_player
Thanks given by:
Unlikely, the fpr controls the fuel pressure, if pressure is fine then the fpr is working. Hence checking voltage on the pressure sensor - that signal is the one the ecu uses, so if it reads fine you can rule out fuel pressure as the problem.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sorry think I measured the wrong thing.did you mean measure the actual fpr or the connecter that goes on it?
Thanks given by:
Not the fpr, the frps - fuel rail pressure sensor.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Which one is that mate?
Thanks given by:
In the middle of the fuel rail, screwed in underneath with a red connector.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh right thats a pain to get to
Thanks given by: