Help, broke down!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, broke down!
(21-05-2013, 07:13 PM)tbaxter08700 Wrote: Yeh but it can't be the be the lift pump if I am getting correct cranking fuel pressure?!

This is a HDi......it doesn't have to make sense! lol

If it were me, I'd try a good LP pump just for piece of mind really, its cheap to do and 'most' HDi non-starts seem to be caused by the lift pump if you look through google. And if yours was already dodgy before....

You could have more than one issue tbh.....
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2013, 07:18 PM)Ruan Wrote: Have you actually checked that the cam/crank is in time, hence why the synchronization would be out?

Something definitely sounds fishy, though...

The sync was out as he didnt test while cranking, going to get him to check that when he comes thur.

(21-05-2013, 07:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(21-05-2013, 07:13 PM)tbaxter08700 Wrote: Yeh but it can't be the be the lift pump if I am getting correct cranking fuel pressure?!

This is a HDi......it doesn't have to make sense! lol

If it were me, I'd try a good LP pump just for piece of mind really, its cheap to do and 'most' HDi non-starts seem to be caused by the lift pump if you look through google. And if yours was already dodgy before....

You could have more than one issue tbh.....

Yeh I think there maybe be more than one issue too.

Might just get a new car...... thinking a 307!?
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2013, 07:29 PM)tbaxter08700 Wrote: Might just get a new car...... thinking a 307!?

Hmm, ever heard the saying 'jumping from the frying pan into the fire'? Confused
Thanks given by:
If you only had the fault a couple of times and it disappeared again it's probably an intermittent electrical fault, rather than the lift pump itself. I shouldn't bother buying a second-hand one, you just don't know what you're getting and how long it'll last. Check the lift pump if you like, but i'm almost 100% certain it's not your problem.

Have you tried most of the other tests listed in my thread?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No it always stayed but if I cleared it then it wouldn't come back unless I actually drove so that's is not showing now? !
Thanks given by:
Ah i see, thats me misreading things again, sorry.

If you've had that happen regularly you've got fuelling problems, its almost certainly related to your non-starting issue. Theres a few things you can do yourself to test stuff as listed in that thread I linked. Another vote here for starting with the lift pump.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Breaking or selling as it is lads Sad
Thanks given by:
Noooo, you've come so far, you can't give up on it now lol!
Thanks given by:
I know mateSad
Thanks given by: