Alreeet !!!! First post like!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alreeet !!!! First post like!!
Been messing on with my old man's camper van it's a 1.9 td.

Plan is to increase fuel (Bosch pump) then up the boost (KKK) on the turbo also advance the timing a little, yes I've seen the youtube video the Cornish derv master haha.

Anyways I've looked at the turbo which looks straight forward however I can't find the fuel screw on the pump. I think it's behind some security plate??
Anyone seen this before and can show me this magical screw.

It's not a massive campervan but it's desperately slow...I mean hang yourself slow !!

Theirs "taking in the sight" and theirs "taking............in........the..........................zzzzzzzzz"
Thanks given by:
yo! what camper van is this? pictuuurreeessss! welcome to the club!
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2013, 05:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: yo! what camper van is this? pictuuurreeessss! welcome to the club!

He's away at the mo. It's a big old thing you know the type bed over the cab n that!

I love messing and mapping my vw van is over 200bhp and i'm keen to get a few more horses to get the old man up those big hills.
Thanks given by:
im guessing its a semi-ecu pump thats why the max fuel screw behind the amour on the side of the pump

Thanks given by:
Expert or partner camper or something older maybe?

BoostCamper would be epic, I'm intrigued.
Thanks given by:
That amour sounds about right!

So what's the best way to get it off do I can get to that magical screw??

It's a fiat ducato on a V plate if I was lose everything in the exhaust bar one box, as the folks are getting on a bit, what sort of power am I looking at with the above mods.
Just with the kkk turbo?
Does the t2 turbo just bolt on if so is it worth it?
Thanks given by:
Is it a k14 or a k03?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Some mk 2 Ducatos had the old Fiat 1929cc engine.... Throw up a pic of the engine!
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 08:15 PM)Mal Wrote: Some mk 2 Ducatos had the old Fiat 1929cc engine.... Throw up a pic of the engine!

Not sure about the turbo i know it's tiny !

It's the old shape Ducato mk 1 i think. Same shape as a n,m or p plate.

I'll get some pics when they are back be Wednesday. Really keen on this but can't much info on how remove those armor/sercurity plates
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 09:03 PM)mickwha Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 08:15 PM)Mal Wrote: Some mk 2 Ducatos had the old Fiat 1929cc engine.... Throw up a pic of the engine!

Not sure about the turbo i know it's tiny !

It's the old shape Ducato mk 1 i think. Same shape as a n,m or p plate.

I'll get some pics when they are back be Wednesday. Really keen on this but can't much info on how remove those armor/sercurity plates

Got some pics but can't make out the tag on the turbo. I'm thinking the pump will have to come off the van in order to remove the metal around the stop solenoid and the fuel screw.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
it's a k14 i think mate, not a T2 anyway, good turbo . . . . .same as mine VVVVVVVVVVV . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thats a k14 turbo, need a deep socket and allen keys to adjust the boost on that, never come across a fuel pump like that though so can't help you on that one
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 08:09 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: it's a k14 i think mate, not a T2 anyway, good turbo . . . . .same as mine VVVVVVVVVVV . .Smile

If i have the same turbo as you without grinding the pin and changing the exhaust what power can I expect?
Basically just increasing the fuel and the max fuel on boost what are we able to get, roughly?
Is 24psi reliable for the K14? Worried about head gasket also !!
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 09:03 PM)mickwha Wrote:
(14-05-2013, 08:09 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: it's a k14 i think mate, not a T2 anyway, good turbo . . . . .same as mine VVVVVVVVVVV . .Smile

If i have the same turbo as you without grinding the pin and changing the exhaust what power can I expect?
Basically just increasing the fuel and the max fuel on boost what are we able to get, roughly?

about 120bhp ish mate . . ..HG should be fine if you make sure coolant is all good and system bled correctly . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 09:55 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(14-05-2013, 09:03 PM)mickwha Wrote:

about 120bhp ish mate . . ..HG should be fine if you make sure coolant is all good and system bled correctly . .Smile

Right them 24psi it is then !! Just need this dam security plate off !!!
Thanks given by:
Could be a lucas, looks different because the engines more upright. Need some better picture to identify :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 05:07 PM)Tom Wrote: Could be a lucas, looks different because the engines more upright. Need some better picture to identify :/

I'm sure it's a Bosch I'll look for a tag tho...
Thanks given by: