Engine let your foot of the accelerator pedel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine let your foot of the accelerator pedel
Question 
Hiya when driving my 306 hdi if you let your foot of the accelerator pedel there a thump the engine moves abit when driving. It's abit less when putting your foot down fast.

I want to get it sorted out asp.

So is it the top engine mount or gearbox mount?
Thanks given by:
Tried to shake the engine yourself to see if you can recreate the noise, my old dturbo did the same sort of thing that was a worn top mount, could hear it knocking if you rocked the engine.
Thanks given by:
Nobody could tell you for sure, the top one is pretty common though. Take it apart and have a look. Sometimes they crack the chassis which requires some welding to fix.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
When I rev the car it doesn't do anything also Ive tried moving the engine my self no movement.

So I have to take the top mount of to see whats going on......
Thanks given by:
As said, the only way to really tell is to take the mount off and check
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
could also be a lower ball joint?

all the sub frame bolts tight?

drive shaft got any play?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I would say lower engine mount tbh, does the gearstick move when you do it?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2013, 11:54 AM)puglove Wrote: could also be a lower ball joint?

all the sub frame bolts tight?

drive shaft got any play?

The car just passed the Mot this week. Also the drive shaft are fine when turning all ways driving.

The rest I will have to check and see the mount.

So to get the engine mount drive side of jack the engine up. Then take the top black metal bracket of then what next?

thanks

(09-05-2013, 12:00 PM)Ricky Wrote: I would say lower engine mount tbh, does the gearstick move when you do it?

You cant feel it on the pedal or gear stick. The only place you feel it is from the engine bay.
Thanks given by:
Mot is minimum standard, just because it passed doesnt mean its not worn.

After taking the bracket off you take the engine mount off lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-05-2013, 12:10 PM)Poodle Wrote: Mot is minimum standard, just because it passed doesnt mean its not worn.

After taking the bracket off you take the engine mount off lol.

I know that lol.

So its simple just a nut holding the mount in place then once the bracket of?
Thanks given by:
Ah I see, it sounds like you werent going to check those other things people have suggested just because they passed the mot LOL.

No the mount unscrews from the chassis.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-05-2013, 12:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: Ah I see, it sounds like you werent going to check those other things people have suggested just because they passed the mot LOL.

No the mount unscrews from the chassis.

I check the mount first then go from there I think to see whats going on. Also see what the chassis condition like while the mount of as well.
Thanks given by:
I went outside and pushed the engine about abit more this time. I can see the top mount moving abit also makes a noise to.

(09-05-2013, 07:58 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: I went outside and pushed the engine about abit more this time. I can see the top mount moving abit also makes a noise to.

Which top engine mounts fit the 306 hdi on other engines as well?
Thanks given by:
i had a similar thing on mine.......letting off the power sounded and felt like the engine was about to fall out......thought it was a the roll restrictor (lower engine mount), turned out both my lower wishbone rear 'p bushes' were beyond shagged!!!, after fitting new ones, i have never had this problem again
Thanks given by:
Right then, I have a similar problem but I k ow my passenger wishbone is f*cked and the bottom mount needs doing, the way I found our was
Make sure you've got someone with you, put your handbrake on, first gear and put the engine under load, that should help you find out
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
I've got a new update with driving the car alot more recently it went alot worse. I can see how just reving the engine the top mount moves abit. But when driving it would be alot worse in that case. So I change the top mount now and get that sorted out.
Thanks given by:
I can move the engine with my hand now. I had a look at the top circule mount it has the same amount of movement as the new one. There both very firm no play in the old or new mount.

But the mount above it with like a U metal clamp and 2 triangle rubbers that moves. If I put sumat in the gap the problem goes so this mount needs changing for sure.
Thanks given by:
Chocking your mount won't solve the underlying issue. Have you checked the lower mount and wishbone bushes as suggested?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accelerator cable? LewisG 3 1,314 02-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Kwik
  HDI Accelerator pedal sensor P0220 fault cully 4 3,860 01-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Oil and engine management light come on when I put my foot down ?? Jukie88 28 7,017 26-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jukie88