Immobiliser wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immobiliser wiring
Hi. Could anyone tell me the purpose of the wire that runs from the Data link connector pin 11 to the immobiliser box?. Ive looked on Autodata, and its represented by a number (824) rather than a colour. Reason im asking is ive tested it today, and it appears to be open circuit. Any ideas???. Many thanks :-)
Thanks given by:
its for programming/diagnosis of the (BSI) immobiliser unit,
If you had peugeot Planet diag equipment you would see the car is made up from multiple ECU units, the BSI/immo is just one of them which has a diagnostic port at the OBD socket
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 06:08 AM)cully Wrote: its for programming/diagnosis of the (BSI) immobiliser unit,
If you had peugeot Planet diag equipment you would see the car is made up from multiple ECU units, the BSI/immo is just one of them which has a diagnostic port at the OBD socket

Thanks for your reply bud. Going of the wiring legends on Autodata, it appears to change from phase to phase, and the colour does too. Mine uses The Siemens box, yet has no bsi fitted, and at the wiring plug for the Immobiliser, has multiple wires, a lot of which are the same colour, greys', mouve's and browns. At some time in its past it had a Defender Alarm fitted (in a very poor manner) not using grommits, and the wiring chaffed through the bulkhead, damaging the system. Ever since I addressed this issue, ive had engine electrical problems, so yesterday I decided to get the dam thing out, once and for all. Trust me, given it was a Peugeot aftermarket fit, the wiring and soldering would shock you. Im considering replacing the wire for the Immo, because I beleave it has implications on the ability to dyno the Engine/other ecu's. Would you agree?. :-)
Thanks given by:
on the later 306's the black box behind the hazard switch is the BSI of types it controls the central locking/immo unlock signal to ECU/alarm,
to fault find any of those systems without that wire would be hard as planet wont connect so you cant interigate them

dont rely on wiring drawings that refer to colours as peugoet uses a number system the colours are mixed even between the same year model
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 11:51 AM)cully Wrote: on the later 306's the black box behind the hazard switch is the BSI of types it controls the central locking/immo unlock signal to ECU/alarm,
to fault find any of those systems without that wire would be hard as planet wont connect so you cant interigate them

dont rely on wiring drawings that refer to colours as peugoet uses a number system the colours are mixed even between the same year model

That's an awesome reply bud. Ive got service box, just loading it now, but had been advised that autodata was better. Im thinking that maybe that dam wire is the cause of all my dyno problems. PP2000 will require that line to be intact, id put a pound to a penny on it, because it will need a signal of some sorts from the immo, basicley to say the systems intact. Ive had my lexia working on another car, so im more or less sure now its the car at fault. Your spot on about the wiring colours/numbers. These French really know how to make things difficult lol. THANKS!!!!! ;-)
Thanks given by:
i use peugeot Sedre drawings and autodata, if you use both and check one against the other you wont go far wrong,
but be warned autodata drawings are general drawings they are very good but miss some stuff,
sedre drawings are supose to be the exact drawing for your build date but i have found errors in it so use both as guides rather than gospal Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 05:04 PM)cully Wrote: i use peugeot Sedre drawings and autodata, if you use both and check one against the other you wont go far wrong,
but be warned autodata drawings are general drawings they are very good but miss some stuff,
sedre drawings are supose to be the exact drawing for your build date but i have found errors in it so use both as guides rather than gospal Wink

WELL lol, im still trying to load sedre.... Me drives got smoke coming off it.. Never worked so hard :-0-)-). Thanks "VERY" much for the advice, and i'll let you know what I find, and if it makes things better :-)
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 09:44 PM)phil clark Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 05:04 PM)cully Wrote: i use peugeot Sedre drawings and autodata, if you use both and check one against the other you wont go far wrong,

WELL lol, im still trying to load sedre.... Me drives got smoke coming off it.. Never worked so hard :-0-)-). Thanks "VERY" much for the advice, and i'll let you know what I find, and if it makes things better :-)

(Little update0 Finally (After gaining grey hair) ive got sedre to work, and it differs from autodata. One say pin 11 at the obd (autodata) sedre says pin 12. I guess its time to get the multimeter out again tomorrow lol. :-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Immobiliser kentiiboii 97 24,700 26-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii