The most win of all win pipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most win of all win pipes
(06-05-2013, 10:01 AM)c.gerrard Wrote: So awesome lol

Everyone needs to see this car up close and personal!

Well if he turned up to meets, more people would get to see it...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So did jonnys estate actually get done or did the day just consist of epic winning?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 12:27 PM)Connor Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 10:01 AM)c.gerrard Wrote: So awesome lol

Everyone needs to see this car up close and personal!

Well if he turned up to meets, more people would get to see it...

lmao

I'm staying out of that pissing contest.

I'll get to meets as and when I can. It's only a car though, you'll all see it in due course.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2013, 10:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 10:21 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 10:12 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Can I ask is this legal?? lol

Is it illegal?

No idea lol was just wondering that's all sure you will find out if/when you get pulled up Wink needs more smoke btw

yeh its illegal because hot pipes are exposed to pedestrians.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 03:59 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 10:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 10:21 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Is it illegal?

No idea lol was just wondering that's all sure you will find out if/when you get pulled up Wink needs more smoke btw

Is that the actual law Sam? Didn't think so. Bit more technical than that.

*goes to touch the exhaust of any other car in the street*
Thanks given by:
It probably is illegal due to blowing coal in the face of pedestrians though..... lol
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 04:38 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 03:59 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 10:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: No idea lol was just wondering that's all sure you will find out if/when you get pulled up Wink needs more smoke btw

Is that the actual law Sam? Didn't think so. Bit more technical than that.

*goes to touch the exhaust of any other car in the street*

Brilliant so i couldnt quote the exact law about it. Do you not think there is a reason all the exhausts are low down tucked under bumpers? There is something against it.

dont now tell me about bazouku cars in japan...
Thanks given by:
Have a read of the MOT and C&U guidelines before you start spouting drivel.

For a start, what about caterhams and various other kit cars? How about motorbikes? All have exposed exhausts. If I really wanted to I could go and grab the tailpipe of any car on the street and still get hurt. Or I could bang my head on someone's windscreen, that'd hurt too.

MOT guidelines based on the 2011 revision state that any corrosion or damage that causes a danger to pedestrians is a reason for refusal. This is neither corrosion nor damage. It also meets exhaust requirements as exhaust gases exit behind the passenger compartment, there's a box and no leaks. It also isn't unreasonably loud compared to a standard DT exhaust.

Construction and use regulations don't specifically state anything about the exit point of an exhaust. There are however numerous vehicles that are road legal that have an upwards pointing exhaust.

Before you start taking it personally, maybe have a think about your supporting argument before you jump the gun and act as a complete killjoy.
Thanks given by:
alright mate. tbh i couldnt give a shit about what you do to your car. I thought there was something and didnt want you getting into trouble for it! Thats all! Cheesus christ!
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 06:01 PM)SRowell Wrote: tbh i couldnt give a shit about what you do to your car.

I thought there was something and didnt want you getting into trouble for it

Itwasntme

If anyone genuinely is concerned, feel free to see what laws relate to it. If it's just a wild guess at it being illegal, don't state it as fact. Simple.
Thanks given by:
brilliant. have you got nothing better than to sit there having a go? i dont need to be told how to use a forum!
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 06:09 PM)SRowell Wrote: brilliant. have you got nothing better than to sit there having a go? i dont need to be told how to use a forum!

Well since you mentioned it... Learn2internet
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 06:09 PM)SRowell Wrote: brilliant. have you got nothing better than to sit there having a go? i dont need to be told how to use a forum!

You just decided to state something as fact you have no idea about?

Sick of this on here. Doesn't matter if it's this or anything else. If you have an opinion, fine, but don't pass it off as fact as anyone who doesn't know how to internet will take it as gospel.

It's a bus to disasterville, especially if the less educated ask about for advice on something like a turbo or fuel pump.
Thanks given by:
meh...
Thanks given by:
Popcorn
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
[Image: e31.jpg]
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 06:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 06:01 PM)SRowell Wrote: tbh i couldnt give a shit about what you do to your car.

I thought there was something and didnt want you getting into trouble for it

Itwasntme

If anyone genuinely is concerned, feel free to see what laws relate to it. If it's just a wild guess at it being illegal, don't state it as fact. Simple.

finding it hard not to agree here . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I spent hours / days reading into this, As I wanted to hood stack / front bumper my exhaust, both of which I came to the conclusion would be totally illegal in the UK, however, where you have it, if heatshielded would in theory be legal, but can bet you any piggy would pull you / find some reason to f*ck you over it...sometimes its not just if something is illegal, its just "another" things to attract attention, which is most annoying I can fully agree.

The whole exhaust thing is very iffy, lots of documents say different things / hard to know what is the truth tbh, but frankly, just drive until you get done I guess, worst they will do is tell you to get it rectified etc, not gunna loose your lisence over a pipe.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Its not exactly clear cut because its not a common occurance. Like at the end of the day. If some kid falls over onto it whilst walking on the pavement. Whose fault is it? Is it the kids for being clumsy? Or is it the person who put the big hot object in a public place? Of course it wouldnt be your fault chris... it would be whoever laid the pavement unevenly!
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 04:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: Its not exactly clear cut because its not a common occurance. Like at the end of the day. If some kid falls over onto it whilst walking on the pavement. Whose fault is it? Is it the kids for being clumsy? Or is it the person who put the big hot object in a public place? Of course it wouldnt be your fault chris... it would be whoever laid the pavement unevenly!

Exactly the same as if i tripped over a paving slab onto the side of a Caterham 7 but their fully road legal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Or if you fell onto a motorbike they have exposed engine and pipes all the way along
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 04:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: Its not exactly clear cut because its not a common occurance. Like at the end of the day. If some kid falls over onto it whilst walking on the pavement. Whose fault is it? Is it the kids for being clumsy? Or is it the person who put the big hot object in a public place? Of course it wouldnt be your fault chris... it would be whoever laid the pavement unevenly!

Unfortunately that's a very poor example, the road's a very dangerous place and if a kid were to trip over something into the road, as a parent my concerns wouldn't be about an exhaust but about the many tonnes of metal and plastic flying up and down it called "cars".

Common sense unfortunately is not currently legislated for. It's something people seem to be losing by the day. When i fit the heatshield and the big warning hot sign to the exhaust, it won't stop Jonny McNumbnuts from going "ooh shiny" and poking his cock in it. Two things you can never cater for are stupidity and deliberation.

Nice to see you came back for more though, you're getting used to this internet malarkey.
Thanks given by:
haha Tongue okay okay do it and we shall see. Heatshield and hot sign sounds winning.
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 05:22 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [quote='SRowell' pid='263377' dateline='1367944692']

it won't stop Jonny McNumbnuts from going "ooh shiny" and poking his cock in it.

Can't believe Jonny did that the other day! Such a tit.

Does it actually get quite hot though? (Before I get slated, i know it is a bit of a silly question)
Thanks given by:
Erm, it would appear so. Hotter than I thought, not scalding but uncomfortable if you hold your hand on it. But if you put your hand on it, feel it's quite warm and don't remove your hand, you deserve a Darwen award quite frankly.
Thanks given by:
Health and safety does cater for stupidity lol.......

Most of us would see a hot coffee cup and think 'that'll be hot' without a sign to say so.

Most of us would assume things will be slippery when wet....but again there needs to be a sign.

And people with peanut allergies probably wouldn't but a packet of peanuts, yet it still says on them 'contains nuts'.

Now I'm not the brightest spark but even I don't need a sign for the above things....how badly do these people lack common sense ffs! Doh

But also, whether illegal or not, if someone were to touch that exhaust just after you'd parked up they'd probably be straight on the phone to one of these 'no win, no fee' companies! We have to be so careful of that kind of thing in this country now. Undecided
Thanks given by:
I've got many of those Big Grin

What if you spray it camo and blend it in with the car, so no one can actually see it.....
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 05:38 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: I've got many of those Big Grin

What if you spray it camo and blend it in with the car, so no one can actually see it.....

Carl if I make it less visible it'll be even more dangerous!

I should probably remove it seen as everyone hates it and think people of all ages are queuing up in the street to touch something on a car. I see it happen all the time tbh and I wouldn't want to contribute to the number of deaths per year of people dying from touching shit that doesn't belong to them.
Thanks given by:
I say leave it on, looks sick
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 05:54 PM)declantg Wrote: I say leave it on, looks sick

Oops, i forgot the /sarcasm tags
Thanks given by: