Help with a friend hdi/tuning box fail.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a friend hdi/tuning box fail.
Mate took me out in his hdi today, goes well really, its like a stage one just a bit more. But its got this weird tuning box on it, i think he should sack it off completely but he thinks it'll be slower, it looks alot more complicated than most tuning boxes though :/ [Image: 20130721_184108_zpsdb62a647.jpg]

Plugs into the fuel rail so i assume its the same shit as the rest? pics of plugs...

[Image: 20130721_184126_zps570378d7.jpg]
[Image: 20130721_184131_zpsfffef3f4.jpg]

Ecu is currently on a Celtic stage one map, best off removing? Also he says its got some kind of torque limiter which i didnt ask about anymore. Who do you lot reccommend for a stage 2 map?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tb205
Thanks given by:
TB205 for a stage 2 map

The tuning box will probably be making more power but it wont be doing the fuel system/engine/turbo/emissions/economy any good as it just tricks the car into upping the fuel pressure and running richer which if the car is already mapped will just cause smoke
Thanks given by:
It smokes alot now, i said it really shouldnt smoke at all! Glad i was right lol. Have pm'd TB.

The box is weird it has pins and a jumper inside and a little display with a button to change the settings, it has 9 stages lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah its just a variable resistor made to look fancy!

If its smoking, especially if its bad hell be f*cking his engine and just pissing fuel out the exhaust
Thanks given by:
Yeah told him a stage 2 map will be better on fuel than it is now and probably a bit quicker even if it will be limited torque.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 08:04 PM)Tom Wrote: Yeah told him a stage 2 map will be better on fuel than it is now and probably a bit quicker even if it will be limited torque.
yeah but only if he has a fmic

what is his fuel economy like
Thanks given by:
Got a pretty huge front mount one of the big ebay ones, almost upto the top of the bumper but a good inch and half thick aswell.

Not sure on his mpg atm he had a 6 before and he actually drives this so i guess its much better lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Those tuning boxes are crap, not to mention bad for the engine if your mate's in the habit of flooring it.

Good luck getting hold of tb205, personally i'd go to pro_steve.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have pm'd him but heard rumours hes hard to get hold off! He had a pro steve stage 1 before and i put the map on for him and we were both really impressed with his service.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
TB is hard to get hold of, might have an email address for him somewhere
Thanks given by:
Took the box out, i think it goes just as good without, my friend says its a little slower. No smoke though! Smile Also my mate said it first but i have to agree with him, the engine just sounds so much smoother and better without that box! So if anyone has a box, get shot of it!

(22-07-2013, 11:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TB is hard to get hold of, might have an email address for him somewhere

Would be class mate if you could! Pm me if TB likes to stay undercover lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it, cheers for updating.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol, tuning box and a Celtic Stage 1...

That's a recipe for a lolworthy amount of smoke and a failed CR pump.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Celtic dont exactly have a brilliant reputation :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 05:06 PM)Tom Wrote: i think it goes just as good without, my friend says its a little slower

That'll be a mind trick on his behalf thinking I've spent money on that box so it must of been faster.

I will try and dig out TBs email address tonight
Thanks given by:
He didnt buy the box, the guy he bought it off had put it on there, along with a start button and a few other shit bits!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Lose the starter button, ask Grant for full details lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I seen what happened to that! Its got the ignition on a gay missile switch thing. But you still have to wave the key infront the barrel for the immobiliser lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: