Gti ARB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti ARB
If it's thin oil, it's from the damper and needs sorting asap, if it's thick and slightly sticky, it's just the silicone gel they use on the top o-ring before they put the adjuster shaft in.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
No idea what the spring rate on mine are, there the ones pompey had on here ages ago, as said totally stock ARB, ive not ran them yet, well I have, and they were shocking, but pretty sure there just f*cked hence sending for rebuild, but it drove well on the hotuning ones, so ill probs just leave it as it is, and put the GAZ ones on, and see how it goes.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I've been running no front ARB and D2 coilies with a couple degrees of negative camber and 23.5mm bars/standard ARB at the rear and tbh, I really like the way it drives. There's a weird feeling to get used to when a wheel hits a bump etc as the suspension is totally independent but with the spring rates and camber it's so planted through corners.

Bit of a ballache around town as it feels all wobbly and loose, but on backroads it really feels solid.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know the thickness of a GTi6 anti roll bar? Cuz i got a few sumframes lying around and some are S16s and i know 1 if a Gti6 1 so i just want to know the thickness of the bar so i get the right 1 and can find out if Gti6 and S16s are the same
Thanks given by:
21mm
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That front?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate. 24mm rear as standard on a GTi
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ideal cheers for your help
Thanks given by:
I measured the ARB on my D turbo today and that seems to be 19mm thick so there isnt really a massive difference
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 09:14 PM)Frosty Wrote: I measured the ARB on my D turbo today and that seems to be 19mm thick so there isnt really a massive difference

you would be surprised of how much of a difference 2mm makes.....

...says the misses!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just lol
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 09:23 PM)Niall Wrote:
(29-05-2013, 09:14 PM)Frosty Wrote: I measured the ARB on my D turbo today and that seems to be 19mm thick so there isnt really a massive difference

you would be surprised of how much of a difference 2mm makes.....

...says the misses!

I usually like to think size doesn't matter Smile
Thanks given by:
Is that what she tells you? trololol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Had a look tonight and it seems like gti6 and s16 ARB are the same
Thanks given by:
This is where im really torn with mine, i want to get stiffer springs but arent sure if that is the correct way to go. Currently 250lbs with a 23/30 setup rear. Confusing as hell, may disconnect the ARB and see how it goes.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
21mm from 19mm is a massive difference in stiffness. Don't be mislead by it being JUST 2mm, it's 50% stiffer.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: