Hdi won't start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi won't start
Can anyone help me my hdi cut out on me a few days ago and would not start again so took to a garage and turned out it was the fuel pump in tank so fitted another one and it was fine drove two miles down the road and cut out again so gone bck to the pump and it is coming on and u can hear it but nothing so took the pipes off it and put a peace of pipe out of the car into a bucket and turned the key on and it comes on but not pumping any diesel any one got any ideas maybe blocked not shore thanks chris
Thanks given by:
Sounds daft but there enough fuel in the tank? Also make sure the arrow on the pump is facing the c pillar; just means the float for the fuel gauge doesnt read out i.e. It says you have a quarter tank when really its nearly empty, if that makes sense.

Otherwise it could be a faulty pump? But definately sounds like your at the source of the problem bud

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2013, 02:39 PM)Arron Wrote: Sounds daft but there enough fuel in the tank? Also make sure the arrow on the pump is facing the c pillar; just means the float for the fuel gauge doesnt read out i.e. It says you have a quarter tank when really its nearly empty, if that makes sense.

Otherwise it could be a faulty pump? But definately sounds like your at the source of the problem bud

I'll get some diesel and put in it as I'm not shore how much is in it anyway been off road about a week now with this problem thanks
Thanks given by:
Did the garage do the swap? If so, i'd be inclined to take it back to them - they haven't fixed the problem you've paid them to do.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No the garage diagnosed the problem and I did it my self as they where asking an arm and a leg to it
Thanks given by:
Ah bugger, ok. In which case have a look at my thread in the guide section, think it's called "if your hdi cuts out or feels under powered". I'd start with the brown relay if i was you.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
which fuel pipe did you pull off to test
are you sure you didnt pull off the return Wink
Thanks given by:
No I took them both off at tested the big pipe with the arrow pointing out wards and ok ill give ur thread a read thanks
Thanks given by:
Had car running fine but cuts out without and warning on tick over and cuts out over 3000rpm but I can't start it I can turn it over for 10 mins on the jump starter before it starts any ideas before I kill the starter thanks I have fitted new glow plugs also
Thanks given by:
Might not be related but recently my hdi wouldn't - start turned out it was the plug on the fuel pressure regulator was slightly loose! Clipping it firmly back into position did the trick
Thanks given by:
Haha nice easy fix! Always worth checking simple things like that before getting stuck in, might add a note to my guide actually...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Peugeot Planet gave me a clue as it said something like intermittent open circuit fuel pressure regulator Wink
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah, i've found nothing is even close pp2k when it comes to fault finding on the hdi. If anyone ever has a non-starting or cutting out problem with their hdi, its probably the best thing to buy first, unless you've already got a verus or similar.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: