Any difference between shocks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any difference between shocks?
Had a bit of a crash and need a new o/s spring. Dont want the hastle of having to use spring compresors etc so just want to buy a complete second hand unit. Just wondering if any models strut as long as its the right year would be suitable or does it have to be a perfect match?

I have a 1998 1.4 LX

Thanks in advance, Pete
Thanks given by:
Will have to be 'similar' if you only want to change one....it'll have to come off another 1.4 (or 1.6) meridian or lx. The sportier and heavier models have different shocks and springs....
Thanks given by:
I don't mind changing both of them, I was thinking buying a pair would be more useful anyway. just wondered if there was any difference in fitment if I got some of gti6 etc

Pete
Thanks given by:
They all physically fit the same, but as said, different shocks/springs for different models
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
id recomend buying a pair anyway as you xould feck the handling up if you get one thats different.

but yes any shock will fit. if you can get one from a xs/xsi/gti/hdi/Estate it would be an improvment to the car/handling

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: