ECP Now Listing Rear Axles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECP Now Listing Rear Axles
How do,
Just been flicking through ECP and noticed they are now listing rear axles for the 306 for £354 (£444 with surcharge). Quite curious about this seeing as I'll definitely be ordering one for mine at end of this month.
I was gona go to IMAxle but ECP are stating that all 4 mounts are included new with their axle, given its only £4 more expensive than the IMAxle to get the 4 mounts included which on their own from ECP inc club discount come to £105 am a little bit torn now which way to go.
Anyone know where ECP are sourcing the axles and who does the actual refurb? Might give them a ring when I finish work later see if they have any answers.
So would any of you go for ECP option or stick with the known and trusted IM?
Thanks given by:
Personally i'd steer clear of IMAxles, i've seen their handy work up close before...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 10:30 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Personally i'd steer clear of IMAxles, i've seen their handy work up close before...

Really? I've researched a fair bit and most forums and posts I'd found said they were ok? Seen a few proper dodgy sites aswell, its a pretty big investment on the car so wana make sure I get it right and will be done this month but here another opinion for me to umm and arr over. Do you know of any with a proven track record of good solid work?
Thanks given by:
There was a guy called Jord on the GTi6 forum that did beams and was damned good at them, jord124 or somethiing he was called? Think he did them over on 205gtidrivers too.

A pal of mine had an IMAxle that fell apart after two years, looked as though they hadn't replaced the stub pins as there were massive grooves from the bearings and worrying amount of play. Hugely annoying as he paid good money for it and you'd think they'd replaced the stub pins like they said, no way of knowing until you pull it apart though
Thanks given by:
I know the oilite beams are supposed to be the dogs danglies but can't remember who did them now

EDIT: never mind it was IM axles lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 10:54 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: There was a guy called Jord on the GTi6 forum that did beams and was damned good at them, jord124 or somethiing he was called? Think he did them over on 205gtidrivers too.

Researched that Jord fella, saw some of his work, seems to be top notch and only positive reviews, have messaged him asking for a quote, even more torn now, he said a fully rebuilt axle inc. mounts £425, genuine pug shocks £125 (pair), genuine disc protectors £38 (pair), fitting £120 and large tube of Jaffa cakes. So all in £704 but is it a case of you can't put a price on quality? I could forgo the fitting and do it myself in work maybe source aftermarket shocks (suggestions?) but still rather a large investment. Any thoughts?
Thanks given by:
I presume the beam will be lowered? If so go for ZX shocks, shorter than 306 ones and cope better with the lower suspension.

Personally i'd stump up the extra and go with Jord, but its not my money and the IMAxles incident could have been a one off, but to charge for new stub pins and reuse the old ones, hardly a "mistake" a professional should be making..
Thanks given by:
Looked on carparts4less?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 08:32 PM)Anton Wrote: Looked on carparts4less?

Aren't they just ECP with a different coloured website and no actual stores?

Just looked they got the same axle listing as ECP but at £294 (£384 inc surcharge)
Thanks given by:
CP4L = ECP.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Exactly^^^

May be cheaper
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Pe...ddc&001046
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
£369 with CP15LESS
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
£265 on ECP after using club discount and minus surcharge.

That pretty bloody cheap, defo gona call them / pop in branch tomorrow for more details of the actual refurb work carried out, was gona do it after work today but got hauled in office for some stupidly false accusations!
Thanks given by:
306uk25
Thanks given by:
Anyone got one from ECP?
Thanks given by:
I went to get one, they promised they could get it the next day, then at 3pm called and said wouldn't be till mid next week so didn't bother.
Spoken to them and IMAxles, basically he's their supplier, ECP don't keep stock anywhere just wait for someone to order one, call him, he sends it to them, they give it to you.
After they messed me around making promises they couldn't keep even after I pointed out I had spoken to their supplier myself and he had one on the rack ready to dispatch I just ordered direct from IMAxles.
The main plus is basically by ordering off ECP you save roughly £50 which is the amount he spends on shipping, call IMA direct like I did, have a natter with him and discuss what you want then just drop in that you could make a saving by ordering off ECP (cause either way your gona get the identical product) and he will prob knock a bit off the price for ya.
Thanks given by:
Excellent!
From Imaxle, can you confirm what it came with? It doesn't have the 4 bushes or stub axles does it?
I take it you swapped your old stubs over, was that easyish to do? Big hammer and drift them out carefully?
Thanks given by:
Came with the stubs, he explains on the phone their may be a possibility of you needing to swap them out for your old ones depending on the model but he supplies what he thinks you need from the details you give him, the 4 mounts he doesn't supply, if you ask he will send it with some that "look to be ok" but are re-used from axles he has in to refurb he's honest about this though. The 4 mounts come to £105 from ECP if you choose Lemforder, but if you choose Q-Drive all 4 comes to just over £37. I know the adage of pay cheap pay twice but seeing as had just spent over £300 on a axle I was a little short on funds so I went with Q-Drive, they seem to be of ok quality but time will tell I suppose.
Thanks given by:
Fantastic, I used to work 15 minutes away from them too! But i can take a road trip back up that way for a good deal! Will get him on the phone and see what we can work out!
ECP yesterday said that yes it is special order, and no promises on timeline, but dealing direct might be better in the long run.
Thanks given by:
Interesting update, thank you.

Still doesn't make the decision any easier though, think i'd rather go to somewhere like Cullys and have everything fitted.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to buy 145mm stub axles? Wolverine1091 2 1,121 20-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Wolverine1091
  IM Axles - Any good? Niall 26 4,808 17-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Berling and 306 rear axles. Darren123 2 1,629 28-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Darren123