Newbie with a HDi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with a HDi!
Hey guys I am the proud owner of a moonstone blue 306 HDi, few questions I have..

It's making a whine/squeel at all times, when idling, started, all the rev range etc.

I have looked deep under and I are no signs of wear in places I thought it might be but I have a feeling it could be some sort of bearing in the air con pump. (It's where it sound like)

But I have no idea, il try grab a video of it ASAP but for now il leave you all with a nice little picture of my 306.

Oh, I'm also wondering what fitment the wheels are as I'm looking for a set of Borbet A's for it. Has anyone had this before and if so any pics?

Enjoy.

[Image: 8686EFD4-2A52-454C-AECE-96886E5E84E4-123...73fd33.jpg]

I sometimes get a red STOP light on the dashboard, can anybody clarify what it's for..

Also, how much should I be looking for for a set of coilovers?

And anybody selling any..
Thanks given by:
It will just be a dodgy tensioner!
Thanks given by:
As vaughen said above sounds like a old/slack belt, your looking for a 4x108 PCD and idealy an offset of ET0 in a 8J rim for borbets on a 306.

Use the search box in the tom right and look for TomLums Gti6

welcome ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Might actually buy those wheels off him. £400 hmmm tempting me majorly.

What about coils/lowering?
Thanks given by:
what about them?

Thanks given by:
How much are they roughly, where can I buy them?

Sorry forgot that info haha
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude Smile

What would you guys value this car at?

12 months mot
6 months tax
Gti6 interior
Cyclone alloys new pirellis
Full tank of fuel
150k no history though
Tidy bodywork, few dents

I payed £800, what's it really worth?
Thanks given by:
£170 for cheap & nasty to £1000+ for somthing really top spec

Id recomend spending between £400&600 somthing that works well, drives well , lasts & is well know,

I personaly run AP coilovers, and i really do rate them, others run Gaz gha and also really rate them thats the two id go for, as for buying them choose the one you'd like, then google search for dealers of the brand your going for, dont go through ebay for that sort of thing

springs well are springs at the end of the day £60 pretty much all over the place ebay being your best bet but obviously not compareable to coilovers

Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 08:49 PM)puglove Wrote: £170 for cheap & nasty to £1000+ for somthing really top spec

Id recomend spending between £400&600 somthing that works well, drives well , lasts & is well know,

I personaly run AP coilovers, and i really do rate them, others run Gaz gha and also really rate them thats the two id go for, as for buying them choose the one you'd like, then google search for dealers of the brand your going for, dont go through ebay for that sort of thing

springs well are springs at the end of the day £60 pretty much all over the place ebay being your best bet but obviously not compareable to coilovers

Coilovers seem pretty expensive to be honest. Is there a shock and spring sorta kit available?
Thanks given by:
Not really in kit form.

But the best thing you can get on a budget is IMO Bilstein B6 shocks, sold in pairs, i.e front pair/ rear pair , there is a Bilstein B4 that is cheaper but they are more designed for standard ride height IIRC

And the ideal budget spring is, EIBACH springs, These are highly rated across the 306 forums

Thanks given by:
I have a set of front shocks for a 306 which are labelled "Blistein" not sure if they're lowered or anything but here's a pic.

[Image: AD19E18F-72D8-4F5C-82D6-D0461DFAADC7-108...68fb2c.jpg]

[Image: 8810D567-6AEF-4A52-8AAA-48EF6325943D-108...03da78.jpg]
Thanks given by:
those are the b4s more suited to a standard ride height, not sure if they are an improvement to standard hdi shocks

Thanks given by:
I actually bought them as they have new strut top bearing as mine are knocking when turning. Payed £10 for the set. Any good?
Thanks given by:
Billy bargin, prob sell the shocks on their own for more after youv pinched the TM's

Thanks given by:
Not bad then. Also had to change my whole battery loom which cost me £1.70 haha. I love people breaking cars!

I only want the top bearing things so the shock and springs are £10 if anyone can collect them.
Thanks given by:
come and buy some bits off the cars im breaking then lmao

Thanks given by:
Your miles away haha
Thanks given by: