few questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few questions
alright guys trying to sort out some niggles with my hdi atm and need some advice in a few areas. I had it in my head I was just going to sell this one and try get an 01 plate maybe even in a 3 door shell but at the end of the day it would just have niggles too so maybe im better off with mine.

sooo

1- when i had my wheels off i noticed I have a fair bit of oil down the back of the engine around the turbo, havent had a good look yet but it seems to be pretty oily.
Wheres it likely to be coming from? the turbo pulls strong with no smoke etc

2- my drivers wing is rotten and i wanted to know how hard it is to change a front wing.

3- the rear needs lowered another 20mm to look right on my wheels but the arches will need to be majorly rolled, if i change my rear beam for a good one how do i ever stiffen it up enough to get it that low and still put a person in the back lol

cheers guys
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some oil down the back is normal i believe, aslong as the trubo seems to be working fine i wouldnt worry. Front wing is just a bolt on job afaik, never done it though but should be straight forward. Thicker torsion bars and better shocks to stiffen up the back.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The oil is just another one of those things that I wanted to think about before starting any tuning. Or I spose I could just stage one and if it blows replace it then.

I think the only option would be to rebuild a beam with thicker bars and that's a pita
Thanks given by:
Oil down the back is fairly common, shouldn't be too hard to trace if it bothers you - just douse the area with brake cleaner or something to get rid of all the old oil and give it a quick inspection when you next take it for a drive, should soon see where it's coming from.

The front wing is held on by a random combination of bolts and rivets, i've seen everything from nothing but bolts to nothing but rivets, and everything in between. Standard Peugeot, make it up as they go along lol! No biggy though, if yours has rivets drill them out and replace them with bolts.

There's no way around the rear beam problem, so few of these have decent rear beams now. You can get a refurbished one built to spec from a company such as IMaxles, but you'll pay for it - £379 standard i think, then there's the extras like stiffer torsion bars etc...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So its not likely to be the turbo itself? Oil pipe maybe? so I could go on ahead with a stage one map
Thanks given by:
Won't know until you have a look, little use in speculating. Only you can say whether or not you're happy to get on and tune, I don't know how much oil you're talking about so its not am easy thing to call. Sorry thats not much help, but it's true lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That is true I suppose... I will have a look and report back, wanted to get a stage one map loaded but I know that will increase the boost slightly so might not be the best idea if the turbo is hanging
Thanks given by:
If the turbo was dying there'd be some other indication - white or blue smoke, or a siren-like noise when on boost. If i'm brutally honest I reckon you're worrying about nothing bud. If it was me i'd make sure the oil wasn't coming from the turbo supply/drain lines and if not, crack on.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm just curious, its been like this for months with no problems so yeah. Il have a nosey but knowing me I won't be able to work out where its coming from lol. Next thing to do is get a full straight through made cos atm my cat catches on everything lol
Thanks given by:
Aye, chances are it's been there for years, just spilt oil from someone too lazy to clear up after themselves or something.

Didnt think you were particularly low..? Might be your mounts need adjusting a bit.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
it doesnt sit up in the channel, so im just going to get a 2.5 inch welded up to sit up in tight, im all the way down on ta coilovers so low enough
Thanks given by:
The oil is probably from the turbo oil return pipe, both mine and Rowells leaked badly around there.

Wings are easy to charge, don't bother drilling the rivets, easier to snap the head off by getting a wedge (screwdriver/chisel) between wing and chassis imo.

Beams aren't my thing though lol.
Thanks given by:
Ideally id like to sort the oil leak but it doesnt overly bother me. I just want to sort out the niggles now

actually was thinking of doing the bottom engine mount and p bushes etc, anyone know how much I should be paying and any recommendations?
Thanks given by:
You can use a chisel, but it tends to mark the bodywork and can leave small tears/stretches in the metal - just not very tidy.

A lot of people upgrade to polyurethane items, it's the only way to guarantee quality without paying £ra*e.99 at pug imho.

Let us know what you find once the oil's cleared off. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: