xud head on hdi block .is it possible???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xud head on hdi block .is it possible???
hi just a fort
is it possible to fit the xud head on the hdi block
i know with some engines it is possible to swap heads n blocks about eg fords
Thanks given by:
I think this question popped up the other day and think the answer was no but im not 100% sure why

Here tis

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13152.html
Thanks given by:
You wont get pistons to fit was the reason why it couldnt be done without spending a prohibitive amount of money.
Thanks given by:
What would be the reason fo doing this anyway?
Thanks given by:
the search function on the forum needs a bigger icon. with arrows pointing to it. and flashing
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
It would be a 2.0 instead of 1.9
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
There would be no advantage to this what so ever, and the only way you could make it work is with custom pistons as the stock XUD IDI ones wont fit in the bores, and you cant use DI pistons in an IDI motor Tongue

Better plan is to just MTDI the 8v...did one the other day in 3 hours, including building pump / fitting.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 07:27 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: There would be no advantage to this what so ever, and the only way you could make it work is with custom pistons as the stock XUD IDI ones wont fit in the bores, and you cant use DI pistons in an IDI motor Tongue

Better plan is to just MTDI the 8v...did one the other day in 3 hours, including building pump / fitting.

So what's involved with the pump and injectors, will it run off a stock 9mm cheers mate
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 07:27 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: There would be no advantage to this what so ever, and the only way you could make it work is with custom pistons as the stock XUD IDI ones wont fit in the bores, and you cant use DI pistons in an IDI motor Tongue

God i wish i had your knowledge, wouldn't even know where to start doing that job with regards to timing, injectors, and fuel lines(although they're probably the easiest bit)
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG1164.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1170.jpg]
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
And the pump mods Tongue
Thanks given by:
this is a fort...

[Image: gallerysefortbrockhurst01.jpg]

this is a thought!

[Image: depositphotos_2039304-Thought-Bubble---T...Person.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 09:06 AM)billing5 Wrote: So what's involved with the pump and injectors, will it run off a stock 9mm cheers mate

Break out some snacks and have a read of this, it should get you started Wink
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 11:16 PM)Mal Wrote:
(29-04-2013, 09:06 AM)billing5 Wrote: So what's involved with the pump and injectors, will it run off a stock 9mm cheers mate

Break out some snacks and have a read of this, it should get you started Wink

Thats great,,, will get my brain in gear now and have a read, me and a mate have done 11mm head, gov etc.. so have stripped a few pumps, i say few as the first pump went tits up when the gov c clip shat its self and the falling bits locked the gears and snapped the main shaft Itwasntme so i hold every hope for this one lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HUGE head/block failure on the 2.1 :( Piggy 19 3,377 08-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Piggy