Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get my xud back to how it use to be!?
(29-04-2013, 02:50 PM)silverzx Wrote: Sounds very strange. Who was the T2 off of?

I'd probably turn the fuel right down and adjust the idle so it's more or less back to standard boosting 14 psi and start over from there. If all is well until say 18 psi then it might be wastegate related. I don't think T2 wastegates were designed to be holding back 20+ psi and can creep open hence why a lot of people opt to weld it shut it purchase expensive after market ones like Pompey.

T2 came from french car breakers in stafford, thats pretty much what i have tried, it was still doing it and the more i turned it back the slower it got, as stephen said i changed the air filter earlier today as it wasnt in the best condition and this seems to of helped alot (my fault i sort of over looked it being a simple problem) boost has increased to 21 psi now and theres alot more turbo noises so it seems that its breathing better now

the old filter, gone to a better place now i.e. the bin lol

(29-04-2013, 07:33 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Hmm, my T2 helb boost up to 30psi no problem. I always thought it was pointless to weld up the gate on a small turbo...

To the op, get under it and have a feel of the wastegate arm and see if it feels loose, I still have my money on a boost leak of some sort for now though

my k14 held high boost fine as well, i had a look at the arm and it is pretty strong, air filter seems to of made it a hell of alot better, ill change the fuel and oil as well tomorrow, and slowly start increasing the fuel again!
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to get my xud back to how it use to be!? - by Mitch - 30-04-2013, 01:04 AM