Bending throttle arm for more travel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending throttle arm for more travel
I could have sworn there was a thread on here about this but the search turned up no accurate results. Maybe I read it in a project thread but anyway. I've chiselled away at my pump housing as much as I can now:

[Image: P1010082_zpsd79f7854.jpg]

I've also taken the anti stall buffer bracket off the back, the next step is to bend the pump lever, anyone got a guide on how to do this?
Thanks given by:
Plenty more areas to be chopped on that setup
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
More travel forwards or back? And why?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
More to go back so can have lever sitting further back when fuelling lifts revs
Thanks given by:
Yeah so...how do I go about that? Trouble is, it's difficult to tell how far it needs to go because there is no where it is obviously catching.
Thanks given by:
This is the way forward Wink good thinking I did this once but you'll find a transit govnor cradle will do exactly the same thing Big Grin If you carry on that way dont forget the rear too, and then adjust your splines on the shaft to compensate.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But what kind of people need that much fuel/travel? Huh
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
lots of people need to if they havent already! doing it will show you why esp with a 9mm
Thanks given by:
If we were all thinking like that Tom, we would still be thinking GT15's and Bosch diaphragm rotations were the way forward Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 09:34 PM)Dave Wrote: This is the way forward Wink good thinking I did this once but you'll find a transit govnor cradle will do exactly the same thing Big Grin If you carry on that way dont forget the rear too, and then adjust your splines on the shaft to compensate.

To get a Transit governor cradle I would have to buy a Transit pump which costs money. Hacking bits off the pump is freeSmile I've noticed no one has given me any info on how to proceed yet, is this a taboo subject?Undecided
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 06:50 AM)306Puggy Wrote:
(28-04-2013, 09:34 PM)Dave Wrote: This is the way forward Wink good thinking I did this once but you'll find a transit govnor cradle will do exactly the same thing Big Grin If you carry on that way dont forget the rear too, and then adjust your splines on the shaft to compensate.

To get a Transit governor cradle I would have to buy a Transit pump which costs money. Hacking bits off the pump is freeSmile I've noticed no one has given me any info on how to proceed yet, is this a taboo subject?Undecided

How much more info do you need? Dave's explained what you need to do, did you want a guide on how to bend the arm? Cos if you do then maybe you should leave it alone.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Okay matey boy, what are the pros and cons of bending the arm versus getting a transit cradle? Because at the moment all I can see is that I will have to spend 60 pounds on a Transit pump when I can just bend the arm but I need to know HOW to bend the arm as I don't have a vice to bend it in nor do I have any fancy tools I work on my driveway not lucky enough to have a garage or unlimited funds to buy everything under the sun to do everything perfectly. Anyway according to CJ there are plenty more areas to chop but without having them pointed out I don't know which ones they are!
Thanks given by:
Could bring the nut attaching the throttle cable out to the end away from the pump, surely more travel instantly....

also two slotted holes on centre of pump arm are wrong side for max throttle movement i think
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Timer travel guage nominous 0 794 13-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: nominous
  "Bending" exhaust pipe silverzx 20 6,755 20-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: silverzx