interior lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interior lights
Ok, got a strange one here, the main interior light and the 2 smaller lights either side only work when the car is running, the interior light comes on when I unlock the car with the remote, but nothing works once thats gone out until the engine is running. I know its nothing major but its a pain in the a##e as I work nights and trying to scrabble round in the dark once I turn the car off, anyone got any bright ideas (no pun intended)
Thanks in advanceIdea
Thanks given by:
Dont turn the car off before you have to get out? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If I don't turn the car off I end up with very angry wife and 2 wide awake children in the early hours of the morning and thats not good Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Lol, fair play.

Do they not work with the door open?
Thanks given by:
no they dont work when the doors open, even when the engine is running, only work from the switch when engine is running
Thanks given by:
I'd be inclined to check and probably replace the door switches tbh. Although I'm sure the interior lights should work with the ignition on "accessories".
Thanks given by:
Door loom?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I've got this replaced both door switches redone my door loom and its still not working
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Fiddled about with the door switches, got the passenger one working so swapped them over, but the 2 smaller lights don't work still and main one still won't work from the switch when engine is not running
Thanks given by:
That sounds very strange, the only thing I can think of is the contacts in the ignition barrel? Is everything else working ok and have you checked the fuses?

Just noticed your in Dunstable, whereabouts? I live near the Ewe and lamb.
Thanks given by:
There was a dirty/stuck door switch which I've now sorted, the light comes on now when I open the drivers door, passenger side still not working, but I don't care too much about that coz I don't sit that side.
I'm just the other side of Dunstable, off Drovers Way
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior lights staying on?st Matt 4 1,774 17-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,484 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
Exclamation INTERIOR LIGHTS Makilby 3 1,153 03-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Iceman299