Clutch abit strange?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch abit strange?
If I just lean my foot on the clutch pedal the car shoots off like I've stabbed the accelerator?

The clutch dosen't slip at all.

This is a 406 with a hydraulic clutch.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks given by:
What? Lean on the clutch and the car goes?....what you on about lol??
Thanks given by:
What!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That. Makes. f*ck. All. Sense.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Right if I'm driving at a steady 30mph and I rest my foot on the clutch it starts accelerating.
Thanks given by:
wtaf lmao
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Clutch is on the left yeah.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Think we need a vid of this Sam..... :?

The ONLY thing that I can think of thats possibly linked is the clutch switch...so when you bang the clutch in, the ECU adjusts the revs slightly to smooth the ride....if thats faulty I guess something like the above could happen.....it sounds very unlikely though! Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
It is really odd. At first the 406 was jerky as hell and I thought it was air in the fuel. But then I realised it only happens when I rest my foot on the clutch.
And if I slowly rest my foot on the clutch (which at a steady speed) the car will start accelerating. It is really strange.

Although I didn't think about the clutch switch!

I have learned to take my foot completley off the clutch now, but it is a little annoying.
Thanks given by:
Tbh, you shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch anyway....foot should only be on the clutch to change gear. Thats why you have a foot rest to the left. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Tbh, you shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch anyway....foot should only be on the clutch to change gear. Thats why you have a foot rest to the left. Big Grin
My Focus didn't have one, so I got used to resting my foot on the clutch lol
Thanks given by:
Don't rest your foot on the clutch, it'll slowly wear out the release bearing Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
And will be constantly slipping wearing out the friction plate. Pet hate is people riding the clutch, your taught not to in your driving lessons/test. Sheeesh.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bailes1992 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Tbh, you shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch anyway....foot should only be on the clutch to change gear. Thats why you have a foot rest to the left. Big Grin
My Focus didn't have one, so I got used to resting my foot on the clutch lol

Fair enough.....cheap Ford crap....... Tongue

Seriously though, don't do it! Wink
Thanks given by:
The clutch is not slipping, actually the biting point is right at the bottom of the pedal.
Thanks given by: