Hks type-0 turbo timer fitment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hks type-0 turbo timer fitment
Just a little guide on how to fit a hks type-0 turbo timer, parts can be ebayed and all whats needed is the timer and universal loom which comes with all splices needed, cost me just over £35 (no idea if the ignition barrel is the same on other 306's to do this)
Basicaly the wiring is as follows (turbo timer loom on the left:pug loom on the right)
Red : red (constant 12v)
Green : orange (ignition 12v [2nd key turn])
Blue : yellow (accessorys 12v [1st key turn])
Black : chassis earth
Grey : red (hand brake sensor, best to take directly from the handbrake for ease)

Thanks given by:
oh god! scotch locks

heads up
look at the size of the original wiring loom and look at the size of the timer loom that would raise issues with me!
Thanks given by:
Thats what come in the kit, beside that it isnt carrying a huge ampage and all a turbo timer is a form of time delayed capicator
Thanks given by:
those different wire sizes will have different resistance, could lead to things getting dangerously hot
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 11:56 AM)identitidrjekyll Wrote: Just a little guide on how to fit a hks type-0 turbo timer, parts can be ebayed and all whats needed is the timer and universal loom which comes with all splices needed, cost me just over £35 (no idea if the ignition barrel is the same on other 306's to do this)
Basicaly the wiring is as follows (turbo timer loom on the left:pug loom on the right)
Red : red (constant 12v)
Green : orange (ignition 12v [2nd key turn])
Blue : yellow (accessorys 12v [1st key turn])
Black : chassis earth
Grey : red (hand brake sensor, best to take directly from the handbrake for ease)

Do you have a link. I can only find them for £40 on there own and about £70 with the harness
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 04:56 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: those different wire sizes will have different resistance, could lead to things getting dangerously hot

I thought the ignition wiring was only so big because it carried the starter current? I'd have thought the timer wiring would be ok seen as there's not the starting current through normal driving...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My mates s14 has been running one of these for years with thr same wire difference, sure its safe if it can be ran on them and besides that even the proper plug in looms are the same size difference eg. This scooby loom    

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HKS-Turbine-De...3a7891d7dd
You can actually just cut the plug off and wire it the same without the universal loom, will save around £15 for the loom but depends how gash you want to be

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HKS-Turbo-Time...20d1d7fd09
And theres the loom
Thanks given by:
if it works then fair enough, as an electrician your naturally wary of dramatic wire size differences haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Biggest thing id be worried about is those scotch locks... Such a bodge...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair play, im no electrician just a norfolk bodger lol
Thanks given by:
if its working and you haven't had a fire then great! haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lmao if i get one im cracking out the marshmellows!
Thanks given by:
Norfolk! Where you from ol boy
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
/thick

what is the benefit of a turbo timer?
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 07:01 PM)declantg Wrote: Norfolk! Where you from ol boy

Geeeet orff my patch Suffolk boy!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Rum ol boys I tell ya
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 07:06 PM)Just Sean Wrote: /thick

After you have turned the engine off with the key a turbo timer keeps the engine running for a set time period to let the oil in the turbo cool down properly. Thus pro-longing a turbos life..
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 07:36 PM)306Brad Wrote:

After you have turned the engine off with the key a turbo timer keeps the engine running for a set time period to let the oil in the turbo cool down properly. Thus pro-longing a turbos life..

This, because sitting at idle for 5-10mins is some how better than just driving steadily for the last 5mins of your journey... Air flow doesn't cool anything down
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Inbetween fakenham and kings lynn
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 07:45 PM)Connor Wrote:
(21-04-2013, 07:36 PM)306Brad Wrote:

This, because sitting at idle for 5-10mins is some how better than just driving steadily for the last 5mins of your journey... Air flow doesn't cool anything down

That would be handy!
Thanks given by:
Con, its for people who dont know how to look after their cars - you know what some are like.

Edit: Thats not meant to be a dig at the op by the way, if you want to rag your car all the way to your door, you carry on haha!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just sounds like something else that can be broken to me.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Why not save the money on turbo timers and just sit in your car for abit?

Or just drive easy for the last few miles?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: