exhaust gas recirculation Valve removal EGR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide: exhaust gas recirculation Valve removal EGR
Ideally yes, else the ecu will be expecting a different amount of air and exhaust gas to go into the cylinder.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I might give this a bash later on today, cheers
Thanks given by:
Definitely blank the egr, took 10min on a 110 hdi in a c5 as the manifold is a different shape, boosted so much harder after that, mpg went up to 53 on a cruise, not bad for a ton and a half of french boat Big Grin

no need to disconnect any vac lines or plugs unless you map it out.
Thanks given by:
What do you guys use for gaskets on the blanks? I used a card gasket but it didn't even last a month before blowing boost and breather oil all over the bulkhead... Dodgy
Thanks given by:
You really want a proper thin metal one to be cut out. Ive used the stuff we plate sills with before works a treat. Pop to the garage mate during the week and ill have an off cut you can have Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer but it's going soon anyway so it'll be someone elses problem, I was just wondering what other people used. Smile
Thanks given by:
i used PTFE gasket materiel and cut my own
Thanks given by:
just the original gasket one side and sealant the other.
Thanks given by:
May be a stupid question but, if the exhaust gases arent going into the manifold, they must be going back somewhere?
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, out the exhaust where they should be Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice guide cully.

Its worth saying the 206 2.0hdi has a slightly different egr system, bloody tight down the back there! Defo a engine rocked forward job as it took me best part of an hour to blank it!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: