Central locking + stereo switched live

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking + stereo switched live
Right guys i need help as i no idea were to start......

Central locking the remote works when i press it i can hear something click once in the center console of the car?? is there an control unit some were around there? any one had this problem before?

Stereo there isnt a switched live, got a permant live so i bridged it for now so i can get the stereo on, it works fine but doesn't switch off with the key as it should normally, were can i get a switched live from so it works the right way? or why isnt my switched live not working??

HELLLLLLPPPPP not great with electrics lol

Thanks given by:
I think there's 2 positions for the stereo fuse one which makes both permanent and one which makes it switched, i can't remember which fuse it is for the stereo but you'll be able to see a single connection below or above it in the fusebox

If you move the fuse up or down depending where it is it should change it
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2013, 09:24 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: I think there's 2 positions for the stereo fuse one which makes both permanent and one which makes it switched, i can't remember which fuse it is for the stereo but you'll be able to see a single connection below or above it in the fusebox

If you move the fuse up or down depending where it is it should change it

Ive only got one permanent live tho not 2 ?? (the white wire that goes in to the plug is the permanent live) ive briged from that to were it should get it switched live just to get it to work. Carnt i just get a switched live from some were and connect it up to the stereo?

Thanks given by:
just move the fuse like rocker says . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2013, 10:04 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: just move the fuse like rocker says . .Smile

What number fuse is it? carnt see how that will work but will give it a try if i no what fuse it is

Thanks given by:
yeh one of the fuses has position A and position B. 17 or 18 maybe?
Thanks given by:
hey mate did you manage to find the problem?
i seem to have exactly the same issue!! i have found if i turn the hazard lights on or use an indicator both the radio and central locking work....... ive been through all my wiring and still cant find the problem! Censored
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,125 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,281 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,617 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306