"Is this your car Sir" (little story from last night)

Poll: Should i "fix" the D-turdo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"Fix"
9.68%
3 9.68%
Keep on Smokin'!
90.32%
28 90.32%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Is this your car Sir" (little story from last night)
Big Grin 
Taking my brother to his girlfriends about 10pm last night, turning right onto the main road there is a blind upper crest to your left, check it's clear and then pull out fairly fast as cars can appear out of no-where, so . . . . as i'm pulling out i see headlights coming over the brow of the hill, i do as usual and boot it to get up to road speed so the car behind doesn't have to slow down . . . .as i get up to speed i look in my rear view, it's a cop car . . . . .Rolleyes . . . .continue my journey at the speed limit for the next mile with po-po behind me, woo- woo . . .lights come on and pull me over, a WPC comes up to my window, "Is this your car Sir?" what's your name" and all that jazz . . . . . . .anyway she then says the reason i've pulled you over is because when you pulled out earlier there was clouds of smoke!!! if i was a traffic officer i would fine you for that, you need to go and get that fixed right away sir" . . Big Grin . . . . i tried to tell her a few times that when she had come over that blind crest i had to accelerate hard and that's what old diesels do but she kept cutting me off and saying i need to go get it fixed . . . .Itwasntme . . . . . . .tbf she was then asking where i was going and said i was too kind when i told her i was taking my brother to his girlfriends . . . so not too bad too suppose,
anyway should i get the car "fixed" or not then??? . . .. .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Fix it. it's not smoking enough if they could still see you.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Definitely needs fixing..........with a bigger turbo, if its smoking you don't have enough boost! Tongue
Thanks given by:
haha i made sure i pulled away slowly after she'd stopped me . . Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
LOL, always amuses me people trying to talk about technical offences they don't fully understand
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 08:48 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: LOL, always amuses me people trying to talk about technical offences they don't fully understand

what's the worst she could've done Chris, give me a producer and made me go MOT station? . Smile
Thanks given by:
im with the 'fix with more boost' crowd
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 08:54 AM)Just Sean Wrote: im with the 'fix with more boost' crowd

it'd be more the "fix with VNT" to be honest lol . . .i blow clean on full chat Big Grin
Thanks given by:
meh wind the max fuel out some more Big Grin lol

but no leave it and keep an eye out for the police in future, TBH i was never pulled in my xud's and they were like irish style smokey Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
[chauvinist pig]

Lol, a woman tried to tell you whats wrong with your car.

[/chauvinist pig]
Thanks given by:
arsehole was probably bored, if it passed an mot theres naff all she can do Wink
Thanks given by:
we all know what they're like booting it from a standstill, i obviously don't ever do that when the Police are about usually . .Smile

and no way i'm "fixing" her lol . . . . .just hope i don't get seen again when this TD04 goes on . . lol
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 09:48 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: we all know what they're like booting it from a standstill, i obviously don't ever do that when the Police are about usually . .Smile

and no way i'm "fixing" her lol . . . . .just hope i don't get seen again when this TD04 goes on . . lol

Will be even worse on the TD04 if you're booting it off boost lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 08:50 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(18-04-2013, 08:48 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: LOL, always amuses me people trying to talk about technical offences they don't fully understand

what's the worst she could've done Chris, give me a producer and made me go MOT station? . Smile

Could of done you for excess smoke on the spot (forget the actual offence but im sure there is one) think its £60 and 3 points. Shes probably not up on the traffic offences so would do for failure to maintain an exhaust.

If that happened id just take it for an MOT emissions test and say see you in court.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 10:49 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(18-04-2013, 09:48 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: we all know what they're like booting it from a standstill, i obviously don't ever do that when the Police are about usually . .Smile

Will be even worse on the TD04 if you're booting it off boost lol
yeah i know mate that's what i mean . .lol
(18-04-2013, 10:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(18-04-2013, 08:50 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Could of done you for excess smoke on the spot (forget the actual offence but im sure there is one) think its £60 and 3 points. Shes probably not up on the traffic offences so would do for failure to maintain an exhaust.

If that happened id just take it for an MOT emissions test and say see you in court.

duly noted mate thanks . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Drive it properly Tongue

Just leave it mate, if it's clean on boost then it's all ok.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 11:16 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Drive it properly Tongue

Just leave it mate, if it's clean on boost then it's all ok.

big lol's at the 1 person that voted to fix it . lol
Thanks given by:
I got an unmarked cop car pull up next to me at work the other week for a "word about your stuck injector" haha

i coaled a bloke in london who was pretty much driving up my exhaust, he did not take kindly to a heavy coaling and i got some rather amusing abuse at the next traffic light
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Carl coaled an Aston Martin in Monaco. On the F1 track. You all lose. lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Lol, can't believe she wouldn't let you explain why she smoked.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Drive er on lad! Wanta see the way we boys drive em proper smokey, rippin them about in every gear if when the 5-0 are about Big Grin
Thanks given by:
nah you tried to tell her why it smoked and she wouldnt listen. no producer means you dont have to do anything about it!
Thanks given by:
"Oh for gods sakes, you can't see at night, I've been to the garage 5 times about this, apparently the ERG valve or something keeps sticking, I'm trying to get it sorted"

*RAHHHHHH* *Drop clutch* *Massive burnout with clouds of coal and tyre smoke*

That's how it should have been.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 08:36 AM)Ruan Wrote: "Oh for gods sakes, you can't see at night, I've been to the garage 5 times about this, apparently the ERG valve or something keeps sticking, I'm trying to get it sorted"

*RAHHHHHH* *Drop clutch* *Massive burnout with clouds of coal and tyre smoke*

That's how it should have been.

haha . .yeah i was sweet as pie with her tbh . . . ."oh yes i'm very sorry, i'll get it fixed thank you" . . .lol
Thanks given by:
I got pulled for this last year, he was a real arse and used it as an excuse to check the whole car over. Asked me to hold it at 2000 revs so obviously I krept up slowly so it didn't smoke. He was satisfied that it was just a bit Smokey because the engine was cold (I'd only just started journey).
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
should of just sed so sorry officer but u no the way of a desiel owner ....... no smoke no poke .....
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2013, 01:09 PM)readie Wrote: should of just sed so sorry officer but u no the way of a desiel owner ....... no smoke no poke .....

Just have a sticker on the back saying this so you don't even have to mention it!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Just have a sticker on the back saying this so you don't even have to mention it!
[/quote]
Big Grin
Thanks given by:
i'm glad it was a WPC, i have a 100% record of getting off with just a warning with them . . . .must be the way i flutter my cocklashes at them . . .lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project thread with a touching story... THE_Liam 5 2,169 03-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Grant
  Now this is the story... Scott 8 3,989 26-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Toy Story - Live Just Sean 1 1,452 18-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore