Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo
what size this Brembos?
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 07:12 AM)Piotrek Wielos Wrote: what size this Brembos?

they are off a 406 v6 coupe. With 20mm wheel spaces and citreon xantia v6 288mm discs
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Epic progress here dude. Brakes look lush.

Get some more pictures up Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Cheers Grant.

Fecking French brake lines lol.

Work will stop now till the end of next month, cash has run out, plus work has gone crazy so dont have much time at the mo.

I got a sportex exhaust now too, complete straight through from the cat back. Cant wait to hear what it sounds like.

Such a shame there is not an off the shelf low comp pistons and forged rods for the XU7 engine, that would be epic, 6 head, Xu7 bottom end, turbocharged Inlove We can only dream.

More pics to follow
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Howdy all

Looking later on down the line, can anybody give me some advice on curing the problem of it overfueling once i have put the XU10RS head onto the XU7 Block. Does anybody know of a good place in the medway area for mapping?

My concern is once the engine is built, i wont be able to run it till the mapping is sorted out as it will massivly overfuel.

All advice is appreciated.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Wayne @ Chipwizards is known as one of the best mappers for that ECU/Engine.. that's definitely who I'd be going to

It'll run 'ok' without being mapped (going from that other guys video of his)
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 03:17 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Wayne @ Chipwizards is known as one of the best mappers for that ECU/Engine.. that's definitely who I'd be going to

It'll run 'ok' without being mapped (going from that other guys video of his)

Can you send me a link to that Video????. Thanks for the tip.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
It was in his thread on here, Astor xs or something like that
Thanks given by:
Finished the cylinder head prep off today, lapped the valves in, waiting for a set of stem seals to arrive now

Also found this abomination while i was removing the scuttle fixings. Some people just don't have a clue.

Stripped most of the dash, doe anybody know how to get the passenger airbag out?. Good ol haynes says consult dealer Doh
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Great progress dude. Loving this project Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Cheers Man

Just hope its worth all the graft.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Got the rear spoiler and Bumper off this week, plus removed spare wheel carrier, and exhaust heat shielding, not looking to sad underneath.

Still toying with the Turbo idea, The pistons from a nissan 200sx s13 will fit the liners, its just whether the gudgeon pins will fit the 1800 pug rods, they have a 8:1 compression ratio.

More to follow soon

1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Looking good!

Good find about the sx pistons. Could prove an epic find should they be compatible.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
This is a great build! I know its bloody expensive but i would recommend getting it on a ecu that can be remapped. The siemens ecu that comes with the 1.8 is a complete load of shit and wont take any modifications well. The MM on the GTi is much much better but you cant live map them meaning tweaking it will become an absolute bastard.
You dont want it over fuelling because you will just destroy the block and then thats all your nice hard work down the pan!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I am looking at a emerald K6, £700 but it will be worth it, I was also looking at if possible taking out the 1.8 to a 2.0 and fitting 2.0 liners with the 6 pistons, thats on going at the mo. i had some advice from cannaught engineering who run a ex BTCC 406 car and that runs a 1.8 block with 2.0 pistons, rods and crank, obviously all custom built stuff. So once i have taken the 1.8 out of the car and striped it Cannaught engineering are going to have a look and see if its possible.

That could be quite mean, all alloy engine with gti6 power Inlove

On the 200sx side, once i get the 1.8 engine out i can get my trusty verniers out and start measuring everything, i have managed to find the 200sx s3 specs online but cant seem to find the gudgeon pin sizes and fitment type, spoke to nissan, it was like trying to heard cats Angry. Apart from buying a set that i found on E Bay i am a little in the dark.

Still loads to do though, engine to come out, strip the front suspension, re-spay the engine bay, the list is endless.

Thanks for your comments guys, again any advice i appreciated
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Sounds like this could be quite an interesting build. I shall be watching Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Got the XU7 engine out today. Lucky i decided to take the car off the road, the new water pump i fitted last year was leaking. Now the fun begins to see what fits what etc. Heart my verniers Heart

May sell the 1.8 head complete if anybody is interested, there was one snapped bolt that holds the back timing cover on, but can be drilled out. It won't come with the pulleys as i am going to use them on my 6 head

1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Great progress dude, you don't hang about do you!!

What's up next now that you've ticked the engine off the list?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
School boy error, the noise that i thought was the top end tapping, turned out to be a fecked alternator Doh
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
lol atleast it's not terminal

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
so the brembos fit under the 15s just with 20mm spacers!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
next up is to strip the rest of the engine bay and clean that all up. Clean up all the engine and look at what can fit where, the GTI 6 sump and oil pump fit very well.

Still yet to get the dash out to do the heater matrix, although i would rather shove pins in my eyes than change it.

A nice 40mm lowering kit for christmas, so need to get the back suspension off at some point

Still having dramas finding out about the 200sx s13 piston, rods and gudgeon pin sizes. Got some info but trying to find the stroke lenght as well as gudgeon pin sizes, again Nissan were Shite unless i was ordering a set.

One slight set back is that the pistons in my XU7 according to haynes were circlip gudgeon pins, turns out they are not Angry

Took the brembos back off as that will be one of the last things to go on, the 20mm spacers look great, thinking of buying wider tyres too 205/50/15. But that is way down the line yet.

Cheers for your comments. More pics soon.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
those brakes look amazing, all black suits better than i thought
Thanks given by:
nice example mate.
Thanks given by:
Hi All, Many thanks for the comments

Ok, trying to get the dash out to change the heater Matrix, come to removing the wiring loom connector in the bulk head, undo the allen key holding it in, give it a wiggle and CRUNCH, connecter housing breaks up in my hands, it has been removed before by some animal with a lever bar and broken it, then stuck back together and re-fitted. Peugeot quoted £700 for a new loom. to add insult to injury, the dash is moving but still wont budge, cant find a way to get the passenger airbag out either. Totally fecked off with it at the moment.

To repair the loom all i need is the plastic assembly that goes around the main connector, if anybody can help me out there its well appreciated.

The XU7 engine is completly stripped now. But as usual cash has run out and i am loosing interest with it all now.

Any advice on how to get the sodding dash out as the haynes manual is only good for use as bog roll, is also well appreciated.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Better day today, got the dash moved enough so i could get behind it to the heater matrix. As expected Totally shagged.

Should be getting a new matrix next week then i can get the dash back in and together.

Engine build will start after christmas.

Another idea thrown into the mix is to fit the engine from a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R with a nissan sunny gear box. Imagine what a animal that would be. Would need loads of custom bits too though.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
What's the point though? If you turbod/supercharged the current lump it would produce the same if not more power but with none of the fabrication issues
Thanks given by:
nice car you have...
Thanks given by:
Good project you are doing here,well done ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
The only reason for the nissan engine is that the car it comes out of is of similer size to the 306 and it is already a factory built turbo engine. Yes it means custom fabrication of engine mounts etc and wiring, but there is not the worry of it going Bang. To turbo the GTI 6 engine i have, is going to cost around the 4K mark. Plus on top of that there is the engine management that is almost another grand on top of that by the time it is all set up.

The 1.8 engine i have hit a wall with as the pistons i thought i could use are not compatable, and talking to cannaught engineering, they dont seem to think that the 1.8 would take to well to being turbocharged.

I have thought of rebuilding the 1.8 bottom end, using the GTI-6 head, but to get it running fit the 1.8 injection system and ECU as with the GTI-6 injection system and ECU it will overfuel like a motherfecker.

Kinda wish i had stuck to the original plan of buying a 406 SRI and transplanting that over.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 22,952 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 187,787 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,742 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01