Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo
Thanks has been given Dez  Rofl
Thanks given by:
Powerandtorque has been playing with Peugeots for longer than you've been born so choose your words carefully.

He's given good advice and in my opinion you're too immature to listen
Thanks given by: powerandtorque
(17-07-2015, 06:33 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Powerandtorque has been playing with Peugeots for longer than you've been born so choose your words carefully.

He's given good advice and in my opinion you're too immature to listen

Let’s get one thing straight Paul, i have been a mechanic and MOT Tester for over 20 years, my background is VAG, so maybe you should choose your words a little more carefully !!

I appreciate good and correct advice, but why should i rip my car apart because of another person’s opinion? I have built the car to the spec i have intended it to be. It’s got nothing to do with being immature.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
That was aimed at Dez not yourself.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 10:19 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: That was aimed at Dez not yourself.

My Apologies then Paul
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
(17-07-2015, 10:15 AM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: I appreciate good and correct advice, but why should i rip my car apart because of another person’s opinion?   I have built the car to the spec i have intended it to be. It’s got nothing to do with being immature.

Who said anything about ripping the car apart?

The closest comment to that was suggesting that I didn't feel the 6-speed 'box wouldn't be particularly well suited to the engine and commenting on the known weakness of them compared to the 5-speeds... but clearly that's your call what gearbox you want to use and it matters to me not one iota.

I can understand why people like the turbo engines and I'm not doubting that they're pretty brisk with the boost wound up, but certainly not for me as I don't like them in a 205, a car which for me needs a lightweight, responsive engine that thrives on revs. Don't have anything against anyone who wants to run one, and indeed am currently converting a XM Turbo wiring loom for a friend of mine for his 205 conversion.

You need to lighten up and stop taking everything so personally. Keep cracking on with the car as it looks like you're doing a good job on the install.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Dez - No worries bud! Nice to see something different to the norm Smile Ah that's fair enough then, what are the non FQ ones pushing out? that's a fair point with 4wd. You had your 205 dynod? or waiting until its built up then going to do it then?
Thanks given by:

Fog light blanks are in, arch liners are back in, just waiting for a new set of number plates to arrive, and still waiting for the sodding DVLA to pull their thumb out of their ass and get my log book back. 

Got the insurance sorted, £390 through Adrian Flux with protected no claims, 5k agreed value too.  

Old gits rule  Rofl
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
A bit of black paint on that intercooler and that'll be perfect, understated and standard looking at a glance ThumbsUp
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2015, 02:31 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: A bit of black paint on that intercooler and that'll be perfect, understated and standard looking at a glance ThumbsUp

Its sods law, a week after i bought this one, the company did a black one.

People might think its a diesel Rofl
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Ok s log book came back this time ok.

MOT is a 1pm Speechless
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Passed with flying colours, no advisorys, Taxed and legal now

My first victim was a Leon cupra who was right up my ass on the way back from the test centre TMI
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Looking for some clips, Was this car fitted with the gti-6 gearbox?
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 07:33 AM)maxzy Wrote: Looking for some clips, Was this car fitted with the gti-6 gearbox?

Yes it has, but in order to fit it, i had to use the GTI-6 Flywheel and clutch plus install the reverse cable
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
My 306 runs a gti6 box which seems to work well after I ruined the VTS xsara box I originally fitted. Top end I have no idea because I've never changed the HDI fuel pump and it drinks more then it can pump. Have an 1800 16v pump to hopefully fit in it. Car gets started every 3/4 months and never a problem. Been off the road 18 months or so due to me not bothering with it and having another 13 cars to "tinker with" in between. Don't know whether to sell it or keep it. Unfortunately only got 1 car garaged, everything else is outside which rather sucks from being in a barn with space for 10 or more that I had until last year.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 05:53 PM)renault9turbo Wrote: My 306 runs a gti6 box which seems to work well after I ruined the VTS xsara box I originally fitted. Top end I have no idea because I've never changed the HDI fuel pump and it drinks more then it can pump. Have an 1800 16v pump to hopefully fit in it. Car gets started every 3/4 months and never a problem. Been off the road 18 months or so due to me not bothering with it and having another 13 cars to "tinker with" in between. Don't know whether to sell it or keep it. Unfortunately only got 1 car garaged, everything else is outside which rather sucks from being in a barn with space for 10 or more that I had until last year.

The 1.8 16v Pump is fine, that is what is in mine.

After a week of runing it about i have had a couple of issues.

1 a boost pipe burst- Sent the company i bought it from a snotagram and to be fair they have been good and are sending out another pipe.

2 I have had to turn the turbo boost down as when you floor it in 6th on the motrway it hits the safety cut out.- Need a Vems Inlove

The 6 box is great although not too good for the motorway as at 60mph its revving just under 3000 rpm, but will cruise well at 55mph.

The cooling system is working well and seldome goes over midway, if it does i have the fan overide switch in place.

The brembos are squeeling their nuts off, still working on this one Rofl

Apart from that all seems well, and its serious fun, ok it wont kill evo's etc, but it does turn heads when you get the turbo flutter and the look of wtf is that.

Thinking of selling it on in a couple of months though as i am devorcing and probalbly wont be able to keep it.  (Fecking Women)
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Thats pretty similar to the 5 box in my 2.0l 2000 306. it is very happy at 55-60, any more than that and she is quite revvy. Although she will sit happily at any speed i choose, you just kind of know what she likes by the amount of throttle you need
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 11:58 AM)insomaniac45 Wrote: Thats pretty similar to the 5 box in my 2.0l 2000 306. it is very happy at 55-60, any more than that and she is quite revvy. Although she will sit happily at any speed i choose, you just kind of know what she likes by the amount of throttle you need

Very true, just need to keep an eye on the fuel gauge Rofl
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
That's good to know the 1.8 pump will run it. Just whether it'll straight swop into the hdi tank. I'm assuming it will lol!! That's a real shame if you do have to sell after all this time of doing it. If that's the reason "sell it" to a friend for £100 and buy it back once the divorce has all been finalised!!!!
Yes they are total drinkers despite the weight and actual power. It was shite mpg for 11 months in the 406 then I didn't notice any real improvement once it was running in the 306!! Not sure if its my eagerness to get to the front of all traffic contributing to this thou lol.
Thanks given by:
An interesting read, that's for sure; shame some of the previous images aren't available. Maybe this poor wifi I'm on.

What power is this putting down?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2015, 06:15 PM)ginge191 Wrote: An interesting read, that's for sure; shame some of the previous images aren't available. Maybe this poor wifi I'm on.

What power is this putting down?

Not sure as of yet, i need to have it on a dyno. I am hoping around the 200Bhp mark

(29-08-2015, 05:34 PM)renault9turbo Wrote: That's good to know the 1.8 pump will run it. Just whether it'll straight swop into the hdi tank. I'm assuming it will lol!! That's a real shame if you do have to sell after all this time of doing it. If that's the reason "sell it" to a friend for £100 and buy it back once the divorce has all been finalised!!!!
Yes they are total drinkers despite the weight and actual power. It was shite mpg for 11 months in the 406 then I didn't notice any real improvement once it was running in the 306!! Not sure if its my eagerness to get to the front of all traffic contributing to this thou lol.

Problem is everytime you hit the loud pedal you tend to push it even more lol, then you get the turbo flutter Inlove
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Been runnng it around fr a bit now and it still does not feel quite right.

I have ordered a set of group N Rally engine mounts and some uprated gear lever rods from Pug1off, so fingers crossed that will make a difference.

Apart from that though its bags of fun
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Any videos of how it goes bud?
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 02:32 PM)MY95 Wrote: Any videos of how it goes bud?

Once i am 100% happy with it, i will do a couple
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
That doesn't even make sense, when is a project car finished? Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2015, 10:23 AM)Poodle Wrote: That doesn't even make sense, when is a project car finished? Wink

I said 100% happy, not finished Rofl .  I dont think this one will ever be finished, it will just evolve Rofl
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:

Hi all. 

Been a long time since posting. Still have my beast. The turbo failed recently so had it rebuilt and modified by AET Turbos.

Currently the engine is out and I’m just about to start a full rebuild on it
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Hi All

The engine build is almost complete.  The biggest problem so far was the camshaft was worn out of tolerance. looked at a 205 GTI one but then there would be a valve overlap problem.  For the cost of replacing the cam Cat Cams do a Peugeot 205 turbo fast road cam so went for that and had the cylinder head gas flowed.  The turbo has been rebuilt by AET turbos with a 360 degree thrust bearing. Hoping to have the car back on the road for next summer.

1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Engine and gearbox all back in hopefully no more issues and will be ready for next summer 

1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
crossflow head?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,002 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 187,903 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,748 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01