supercharge in 1.4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
supercharge in 1.4
Hi guys. Where I work exist one supercharged from a g40 to sale.

my engine is the old monoponit. Anyone know anyone who have adapted the charged to this engine?

I'm interested on this now xD
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
i don't think anyone has or ever likely will bother supercharging a 1.4 306. the amount of work you would have to put in and the money you would have to spend would massively outweigh any of the benefits you would get from charging.

the best value for money in terms of money for power is the xud engine, don't know how easy they are to come by over in portugal though :/
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Guy at ace supercharged a gti engine on a budget of £1500. So not a massive amount of money.
Thanks given by:
but XUD is diesel. This is only an ideia xD

What i have in mind its the 1.6 8v, but now I knew that I wanted to see if there was someone with a charger :p
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Never heard of it done before, I say go for it, it'd be awesome!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 11:15 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Guy at ace supercharged a gti engine on a budget of £1500. So not a massive amount of money.

I bet that was only because so many parts already exist for charging the '6 engine, you would pretty much have to start from scratch if you did a 1.6

then there's the issue of the terrible 1.6 gearbox, doubt it would handle the extra power very well, along with the huge list of other custom parts you would need such as uprated injectors, better cooling system, ecu programming, bigger pump, cams.
i doubt the notorious 1.6 gearbox would handle much of a power increase, you would also need to re balance the crank since your going to have to add another pulley for the charger belt.

and last but not least, the actual gains from charging such a small engine wont be that noticeable since the charger leaches about 10% of engine power just to run it in the first place.

thats my thoughts on it anyway
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
THey sell yurbo kits for the 1.4 saxos so the ecu has to be able to cope with boost, thatll be your best line of research.
Thanks given by:
turbo would be a better option tbh, much better gains and cheaper Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
nah you want to fit both lol.
Thanks given by:
By the looks of things most of the 205 gti 6 engine was custom. I have seen the standard kit and this wasn't it.
Thanks given by:
id check out 106owners & saxP for advice on this topic ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(16-04-2013, 12:22 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: By the looks of things most of the 205 gti 6 engine was custom. I have seen the standard kit and this wasn't it.

It was. I had a long chat with him. The entire thing was home brew. None of it was from a kit. The actual parts cost him £600 for charging and battery relocation then £400 on the ecu and £500 for mapping
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 11:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: THey sell yurbo kits for the 1.4 saxos so the ecu has to be able to cope with boost, thatll be your best line of research.

Not with the archaic bosch monopoint system though, it can barely cope with a light breeze.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
I'd say give it a go.. Good for 150hp I guess!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2013, 09:54 AM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(15-04-2013, 11:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: THey sell yurbo kits for the 1.4 saxos so the ecu has to be able to cope with boost, thatll be your best line of research.

Not with the archaic bosch monopoint system though, it can barely cope with a light breeze.

Lolz, rising rate pressure regulator for a complete lack of control how fuel going in ftw!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
lol as Ruan says, just run after market fpr and blow boost down the inlet, be reet, would cost under 500 quid to bolt an M45 on the side of it, and then you get chronic charger win ftw also.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
so wat I've to buy to put in the 1.4?

charger
intercooler
pressure regulator
eco tune

more what?
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Little bit off topic but I had a 1.6 8v which I got a charge kit for I only saw 150 bhp for around 1800/2000 not worth it swap the engine out for a 2.0 then charge it
Thanks given by: