not using fuel filter ? ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not using fuel filter ? ??
hi guys my car seems to be getting starved of fuel from the filter side even though its done like 20miles if that on a new filter could i take out my filter and put in some sort of inline filter before it goes to the pump ?? IdeaIdeaItwasntme
Thanks given by:
Quite a few people bypass the standard filter and put a inline one in
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
You should check the tank strainer aswell if your having issues like that.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
checked and cleaned strainer nothing in there clean as hell so i could get a little fuel filter that attaches between the fuel line and that will do the job ??
Thanks given by:
Common one to use is one off an Audi tt. Can get them from halfords for about 7 quid. I've done it on mine
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Could be clogged lines, try some fuel system cleaner or a tank of veg if you have a Bosch
Thanks given by:
If the filter is new, then obviously theres a problem somwhere as it should be fine, you can use any filter you want provided its a decent filter, dont just use literally one of them pissy little inline go kart spec things, because thats not gunna be up to it.

Are you sure its starving ( a vacume) or might it just be sucking air somewhere?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
yer i had a air leak in system but it still feels flat and everynow then will get a stutter so i thought well if i take out filter and put one somewhere else would work better lol
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 10:10 AM)samass Wrote: Common one to use is one off an Audi tt. Can get them from halfords for about 7 quid. I've done it on mine

Is it from the 3.2 petrol tt or from diesel?
Thanks given by:
3.2 petrol, its pretty sizeable

Thanks given by:
i ditched the inline fuel filter and went back to a standard one as it looks tidier and you still have the fuel heater and swirl pot thing.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I just rest mine on the top rad hose. Warms it up enough! It's also next to the exhaust downpipe, so that helps too. Cold starts aren't an issue even on 100% veg

Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 12:12 AM)samass Wrote: I just rest mine on the top rad hose. Warms it up enough! It's also next to the exhaust downpipe, so that helps too. Cold starts aren't an issue even on 100% veg

never thought of that! but still, I personally prefer the oem filter housing in my pursuit of a tidy engine bay
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Swarf In Fuel Filter Housing jordanhdi 11 2,342 26-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing the fuel filter housing, but what is this behind it? Iaitoo 2 1,500 27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Drove 150+ miles with clogged fuel filter - now won't start mikes 21 3,700 13-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: mikes