Engine noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine noise
I replaced my Aux tensioner and belt last week, all was well until this morning. Not all the time but most of the time I hear a noise comming from the engine, almost like keys jingling around. When i was driving through the town is made a louder jingling noise and then stopped (just like when a belt is squeaking from being loose and the stops) and after a few minuets the jingling noise reapears. Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know what it could be? Thanks
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
all tensioner bolts tight?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeah ive just checked and they are ok. When putting the aux tensioner back on, does the bottom bolt go in first then the tensioner, or the other way round? not sure if the washer on the bolt needs to be on top or underneath the hole if that makes sence or a diffrence?
Thanks given by:
I assume you mean the adjuster bolt??

...if so...then tensioner on...then bolt with washer otherwise washer cant serve its purpose
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I had something similar several years ago... just after I changed the aux belt.. I thought it sounded like sleigh bells....

Then the next day the power steering pump gave out. Slightly increased aux belt tension found a knackered bearing.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Piggy for the help Smile
Around new year i had a squeaky aux belt so i tightened it up, (maybe a bit too much) and the tensioner bearing gave in. Maybe the power steering pump has knackeded aswell, is there anyway to check. I jist dont want the belt to come off and go into the timing belt Sad
Thanks given by:
take the tension off the belt and check all for play etc

that be my first step
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 12:29 PM)DarkInferno Wrote: I had something similar several years ago... just after I changed the aux belt.. I thought it sounded like sleigh bells....

Then the next day the power steering pump gave out. Slightly increased aux belt tension found a knackered bearing.

You legend mate, just had a look at my power steering pump and I can see the ball bearings behind the sprocket! Knackered! Rep comming for you.
Thanks given by:
Pleased I could help mate, Luckily its not too hard to swap out.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 07:40 PM)DarkInferno Wrote: Pleased I could help mate, Luckily its not too hard to swap out.

Yeah ive got it out, ill have a new one on thursday. Luckily ive got another car Smile
Thanks given by: