ABS Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABS Help!
Changed the front springs, bottom arms, tre's, top mounts and arb links on the missus' 206 hdi last week and now she is having problems with the ABS.

When driving normally approaching a junction and break genitally the abs kicks in and fights back with a judder under the pedal. The abs light stays on for 5 mins or so after starting the ignition then turns off but the problem remains.

Do you think that I have dislodged a sensor from one of the front hubs or is this abs pump failure?

Really need to get this sorted asap as the mot is due this week!

Cheers
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
first things first if it was ABS failure it would not work. The juddering pedal is a sign your ABS is working, I would check there is no loose connections on the sensors or faulty wiring. If the ABS has a standalone ECU you may get codes with a scanner to determine which sensor is faulty
Thanks given by:
sounds like a dislodged abs ring
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 08:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: sounds like a dislodged abs ring

This. Either that or a damaged cable to one of the front abs sensors.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
damaged cable would cause resistance issue and hit up a fault code n light
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 09:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: damaged cable would cause resistance issue and hit up a fault code n light

Resistance issue yes, Fault code, not necessarily. Dont forget the sensors work on a AC voltage and if there is a higher resistance from corrosion then that voltage will be lower and thus make the ECU think that wheel is moving slower than the others. There is a room for tolerance in these as these sensors are not always accurate!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So first check the sensors on each hub, nice and easy! The check the rings (how do I go about it, any tips). Finally get a meter on the plugs up yo the control unit to check for high resistance or open circuit (does anyone know the pinout on the abs unit

Cheers again!!

Muchos rep when I get on a pc later!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
+1 on checking the cables, routed a cable wrong on my old car and it got worn down by the tyre eventually and made the ABS activate at strange times.
Thanks given by: