stutter problem at high revs holding back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stutter problem at high revs holding back
hi guys my 306 is doing my head in now it took me ages to sort out the gov mod as the last dim wit forgot to mark the throttle arm so now thats ok i think now but when im flat chat in 3rd or second about 3k-4k it feels like a dead spot then sometimes i get a little stutter like not enough fuel or something. but i have a nice little black cloud following me not mad but a good amount. i have changed the fuel filter etc.. cos i though it was that starving it of fuel but it did get better but its still there any advice guys and also my car seemed faster without gov mod i could wheel spin 1st 2nd and a little in 3rd but now if i just clutch it a little might get a spin in 2nd help please... would be great
Thanks given by:
you running veg?? i get lots of flat spots on veg for some reason

Thanks given by:
i was running veg till it made my pump leak so put on a new pump and and just running diesel again now
Thanks given by:
itll be a fueling problem for sure...
Thanks given by:
Doesn't the governor start kicking in at around that RPM? Sure the gov mod has been done properly?
Thanks given by:
i striped it and checked seems to be sat in fine and done they copied the guide exact and used the same nut exactly etc.. but i dont knowwwwww hmmm maybe bango bolt not sure
Thanks given by:
any body else can help would be great
Thanks given by:
If theres a black cloud following you, theres plently of fuel in there, maybe to much?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
is this the same car that is loosing boost!?!?!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 07:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: is this the same car that is loosing boost!?!?!?

Looks that way Dodgy
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I had this problem, was too much fuel, if i changed from say 3rd to 4th quickly it would bog, wouldnt boost past 10 psi and everything behind would dissapear, just keep turning it down bit by bit and the cold idle to suit and testing until you get a tiny bit of on boost smoke, thats what i did and all is good now!
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Change your fuel filter fella :-) it would probably be this has become restrictive
The stutter or it holding back is the pump draining of fuel lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
duno if too much fuel considering his other problem thread is about low boost...

he has fuel issues...but its not enough!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I dont want to be an arse, but i really think you should get some one who knows what there doing with pump/turbo as the problem would probly be fixed alot quicker than you think save you spending ages scratching your head with it. and like with the veg think you was just unlucky that the pump leaked as meny have run 100% veg with out issue, just get a new seal kit for the pump and get some one who knows what there doing and run the veg agin Wink

Thanks given by:
veg just creates so many flat spots and im gna stay clear till i resolve this the actuator arm.will now go no more as no thread left so im wondering if the diafram has split or something allowing it to release boost through it my idle screw is turned all the out and just idles on fuel screw so i will back it off abit what would be best to use the idle screw or anti stall screw to do idle. after this also one.other thing someone told.me on here i dont think iyt true cos it dont work is thatbwhen you gov mod the fuel screw doesnt affect the idle yer right does it
Thanks given by:
Could be turbo then, got a TD04 bolt on kit for sale Wink

Thanks given by:
how much Wink
Thanks given by:
Its on ebay mate :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Priming Bulb Not Holding Pressure leswoollam 4 1,344 30-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug