RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader
I live and grew up in what is classed as
a deprived area according to government figures! Most of the people I grew up with are either dead, crackheads, in prison, and on the dole, I decided I wanted better, but love the shithole area lol, saying the jobs aren't there is a kop out as far as Iam concerned, why allow your choices to be governed by someone else? Do what you want/need to do
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 04:52 PM)Jonny b Wrote: I live and grew up in what is classed as
a deprived area according to government figures! Most of the people I grew up with are either dead, crackheads, in prison, and on the dole, I decided I wanted better, but love the shithole area lol, saying the jobs aren't there is a kop out as far as Iam concerned, why allow your choices to be governed by someone else? Do what you want/need to do

the national uk average wage is 25k . . . . the jobs aren't out there for us all mate, i'm happy with what i have and it's a good job i am tbh . . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^ bingo well said mate. I myself am from one of the areas that thatcher took the industry away from mines shipyards steel industry just as I left school. No jobs. Did it stop me no It did not. If you want more out of life get off your asses and do something about it no point in bitching about it. I did something about it as of september this year I will be a master technician with my own business. All done of my own back with no help. Not bad from a scumbag from newcastle Cool
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 05:02 PM)Puggie Wrote: ^ bingo well said mate. I myself am from one of the areas that thatcher took the industry away from mines shipyards steel industry just as I left school. No jobs. Did it stop me no It did not. If you want more out of life get off your asses and do something about it no point in bitching about it. I did something about it as of september this year I will be a master technician with my own business. All done of my own back with no help. Not bad from a scumbag from newcastle Cool

nowt' wrong with Newcastle mate it's where my dad's from and Grandad who left there to come and work down the mines in South Yorkshire . .Rolleyes

and well done to you . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:46 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Im old enough to remember the shit we went through when she was in power and she was a 1st class lady garden!
She was the ruin of this country full stop!

Ding dong the witch is dead!

Sorry to drag up an old post but how do you remember in detail the "shit" you went through when you was no older than 4 when she left office?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What's all this ballarks about young people not being able to have an opinion on 1980.s politics? I didn't realise you had to be alive at the time of events to have knowledge of what occurred. I better go tell some WWI historians...
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
That wasn't what he was saying!! He was asking how a personal account was given seeing as said person wasn't there
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's a fair point, that's pretty much what people have been saying. It's pretty standard tbh Lewis, old people don't like it when young people display knowledge. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-04-2013, 10:38 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: What's all this ballarks about young people not being able to have an opinion on 1980.s politics? I didn't realise you had to be alive at the time of events to have knowledge of what occurred. I better go tell some WWI historians...

Exactly my thoughts. Wed better never have an opinion on hitler, mussolini, apartheid, the holocaust, the irish potato famine, the french revolution..

f*ck, all these historians will be out of a job soon...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not going to pretend like many others have done this past week and claim to know what I'm talking about after having read her Wikipedia page...

But I would say that from what I do know, she made some extreme changes. With the way the country is now - ie. f*cked - we could do with some extreme decision making as opposed to the cowering away and if ignoring what's important like the national debt, immoral immigrants and even more immoral British benefit scroungers!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Scroungers eh...

[Image: 545956_10201068815189560_1372439002_n.jpg]

There's a whole essay to go with that picture, but I shan't post it. The benefit scroungers nonsense is a bunch of Daily Mail bollocks, it's really not a massive issue.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
You won't convince this lot Kez, if Alan Sugar can be a millionaire with a bit of bloody elbow grease then we all can eh...
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
bit silly starting a thread on such a touchy subject imo
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 06:46 PM)rd070707 Wrote: bit silly starting a thread on such a touchy subject imo

Nah theres no reason why we cant have a sensible debate. People on here seem to be very very opinionated lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
R.I.P maggie

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 05:16 PM)Arron Wrote: R.I.P maggie

. . . . . . . .Nospeak
Thanks given by:
But on the up side now that shes dead all the coal miners will be able to go back to work and be happy in their little pits mining away like happy little Christmas elves.

Oh no wait.

Thats never gonna happen is it, nobody wants to be coal mining do they, its dark dangerous hard work, the jobless of today don't do hard work, they've got machines for that shit now anyway.
Thanks given by:
Id go down the mines in a heartbeat
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 06:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: But on the up side now that shes dead all the coal miners will be able to go back to work and be happy in their little pits mining away like happy little Christmas elves.

Oh no wait.

Thats never gonna happen is it, nobody wants to be coal mining do they, its dark dangerous hard work, the jobless of today don't do hard work, they've got machines for that shit now anyway.

That's the difference between the country 30 years ago and now. Miners were grafters that wanted better treatment. The "benefit scroungers" have it on a plate and if, for instance, there were no shelf stacking jobs left because Cameron closed the shops.. noone would give a shit. Because it would be a great excuse to spend more days on benefits rather than putting in a shift.

30 years ago if the mines reopened and Thatcher died, there'd be even bigger parties than there are now, and the vast majority would go straight back to work. To them a job was the only way to support a family. These days a job seems to be viewed by many as nothing more than an inconvenience.

Off topic slightly, but the national average wage is what, £24k? I don't even earn that on my basic salary but I feel like a millionaire on payday lol I know people here though who, when I was working as a call centre manager on a mere £15k, they were earning MORE than me through claiming various benefits.

How can that be allowed?! Support these families yes, maybe provide money for a basic standard of living, but why should I spend 40 hours a week working for nowhere near enough money to pay for my own flat, never mind house, and there were people taking home double my salary by claiming with their partners, and having their rent paid for them too?

Sorry, off topic rant.

I'm all for open discussion though, it shouldn't be a touchy subject. If it gets childish then fine, lock it, but we all as adults hold our own views and should be allowed to express them providing it's not slander or libel.
Thanks given by:
Lol. Why were the miners burning effigies of her?!! She went to her grave knowing she was hated in some parts, her party even turned on her. IMO it showed petulance.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Ive said it many times before but she only had the countries best interests at heart. She was an incredibly patriotic woman but what you forget is that no politician will ever please everyone. Its just impossible because everyone wants different things from this country. Also, when things are changed, for example the recent disability changes. It will get a lot of people who arent really disabled off their fat arses but it will get some casualties. Never going to please everyone.

What thatcher did was drastic. It pleased a lot of people but also annoyed a lot. She must of done something right though seeing as she was in for 3 terms, one of which was a land slide vote.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It hasn't saved shit all money though, and the Tories have admitted that, they're just trying to screw over the poor and help the rich/themselves (with the recent tax cut) just like the Tories always have.

And marty, I refer you to my previous post re: benefits. It's a tiny, tiny minority that abuse the system.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 10:55 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: It hasn't saved shit all money though, and the Tories have admitted that, they're just trying to screw over the poor and help the rich/themselves (with the recent tax cut) just like the Tories always have.

And marty, I refer you to my previous post re: benefits. It's a tiny, tiny minority that abuse the system.

I didn't say it was an epidemic, it was an off topic rant aimed at people around me who have a better standard of living without having to work at all.

I didn't say they were cheating the system either. If you meet certain criteria you get money thrown at you, one family I know has a Brighthouse account and is paying around £300 a month on stuff, big TV's in every room, games consoles, furniture, new phones.. how can that be fair when I can't afford them?

As small a problem as you think the benefits system is, you have to acknowledge that it needs to be means tested to a certain standard of living. Individual circumstances are different for everyone, rather than ticking boxes and qualifying for a huge income, why not put a cap on them based on family size and expenditure?

f*ck's sake, before the crisis loan system changed I knew people who would claim one every week to be able to buy a bottle and get pissed with their pals.
Thanks given by:
I had a brilliant conversation about all this with my Grandparents the other day, both Working Class Londoners who are by no means well off, but made do...my Grandad worked all his life in a foundry in Acton/Shepherds Bush (which incidentally closed 3 years after he retired).

The mines were going to close anyway, whether it was Thatcher or another Prime Minister. The money just wasn't there, and it actually ended up costing more to run them and keep people working than they made from the coal. When you look at it like that, yes there were people put out of work but what government in their right mind would keep the mines open when it loses them money? If it was left until John Major came into power and he had to close the mines, would everyone have reacted the same? I do agree however that they should have invested in alternative power such as nuclear at the time...

Regardless of her policies and who she pissed off, as has been said before she is still someones mother, and holding parties is just totally f*cked up. She was, at the end of the day a strong politician who saw her policies through, faced up to terrorists and turned the country around.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 11:26 AM)Kimmie Wrote: turned the country around.

and buried her massive thorny cock inside it with no lube . . . .lol
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 11:33 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(18-04-2013, 11:26 AM)Kimmie Wrote: turned the country around.

and buried her massive thorny cock inside it with no lube . . . .lol

Errmmmm.... Confused
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
R.I.P Margaret, a ruthless but needed a leader, dont think you can call any of them leaders since, just see what the lads in europe say...

Watching news of the types of people who are out partying celebrating her death shows all thats wrong with uk and ireland for that matter.
F*ckers with no intention of working, no interest in looking for a job, and just looking for an excuse to go drinking.
Should organise a mass cull of the spongers and halfwits, would do wonders for the economy.

Perhaps could have something like the foot and mouth epidemic a few years ago, load them up in a trailer and mass burning of carcasses.....
Thanks given by:
http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...ie-brooker

I found a really intreating article about the whole witch is dead song
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National 3 peaks challenge - Raising for Childrens Hospital ben306 0 1,392 13-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: ben306