Newbie... HDI OR XUD?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie... HDI OR XUD?
Hi,

The names kas from Rotherham! Smile. Hope your all well, I'm looking at buying a friends d turbo real nice bit of kit well looked after (he's a mechanic) all nice subtle touches and just got a few quick questions for ya, whether they be down to personal preference or from experience any answers are a big help! I may sound thick in some questions but give me benefit of doubt always had a soft spot for these cars but not much insight into the workings of them.

1st of all what's the pros/cons of owning HDI or XUD?
2nd fuel pump high or low?
3rd Bosch pump system iv seen a few guys on here on about?
4th what is the main difference/s in a PH2 and PH3?

As said all help is appreciated! Thanks for your time fellas can't wait to get the 306 on my drive! Big Grin

Here's a quick pic I got sent too me. It's sat pretty sweet on cyclones flat grey I'd say.

Cheers,
Kas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
welcome Kas...

before others say it...I will....theres a search button...get to know it.

go walking round the forum, the XUD/HDi question get asked and answered nearly every week along with the other questions you have.

all the info you need is already on the forum...
enjoy

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate

1. Xud's are very reliable and easy fixed if you are decent with the spammers, also easy tuned being mechanical pump for easy power gains. main problems are usually head gasket or throwing conrods but only when fairly well tuned.
Hdi's are a different animal, the engine is controlled by an ecu and sensors which means common problems are electronic based. Tuning for an hdi has to be in the form of a remap loaded to the ecu to change the fueling etc

2. Dont understand the question lol

3. The xud engines either came as standard with a lucas or Bosch fuel system. if you have Lucas many people convert to Bosch as it offers better power gains plus the benefit of being able to run the car on veg oil.

4. Phase 2 will be an xud ph3s are hdi's. the have different bumpers and finishings lights etc. The phase 3 has a more up to date interior as well
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Where abouts in Rotherham are you pal, never had a hdi but I prefer xud all depends what you want the car for
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Welcome,

Just ignore piggy hes not very welcoming or helpful sometimes Smile and youll find he asks most of these repeated questions also haha Smile hes right about searching the forum but your questions are sensible enough for an answer in this post, rather than f*cking you off and making you search. There are plenty of nice members willing to answrr questions but just keep in mind specific tuning and mod questions have been asked before Smile there is plenty of info in the guides section and im sire theres an explanation of the differences in these engines and tuning stages IIRC

Although RD covers the basics in his reply

2nd answer HDi are high pressure fuel pumps and DTurbos are low pressure

Yours looks like a phase 2 Dturbo so you only really need to look into XUD section for all the info you require

You need to start by working out what pump and turbo setup you have and then go from there with upgrades and mods bud
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@piggy cheers I actually didn't know there was a search bar been browsing people's projects lol thanks anyways.
@RD thanks for the info much appreciated! Big Grin
@danny, I live in thurcroft mate. Decent fuel consumption and 150ish bhp would make me happy lol
@CJ haha cheers buddy do understand though all questions must asked alot of times! Yeah makes sense mate to be honest I looked about abit and because I'm not familiar with 306s I just thought I'd introduce myself and get chatting with a few of you guys! As far as I know the pug I'm after is a d turbo (obviously) fitted FMIC, fuel pump turned up lowered on cyclones and HID kit besides that iv not been too look over it so would there be anything bad to look out for?

But all in all thanks guys been a help and welcoming!!
Thanks given by:
If you need any further help just drop me a PM n wen i have a min il reply as will many others if you cant find the answers in the forum
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 06:16 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: If you need any further help just drop me a PM n wen i have a min il reply as will many others if you cant find the answers in the forum

Cheers geez! Big help mate!
Thanks given by:
f*ck off lol where abouts small world!

If you ever help with owt let me no

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 06:38 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: f*ck off lol where abouts small world!

If you ever help with owt let me no

John street bud! U in thurcroft too? I'm not originally from here but my lass lived her all her life. Lol

(11-04-2013, 07:02 PM)Scott Wrote: Welcome to the club! Smile

Cheers buddy! Smile
Thanks given by:
Really small world! Lol you got a car your driving about in ATM?

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 07:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Really small world! Lol you got a car your driving about in ATM?

No buddy currently carless, but just under negotiations/finalise to get the dturbo in the above pic from a friends. Where abouts u from?
Thanks given by:
2 streets up lol, looks quite clean from the pictures it had anything done to it?

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 07:27 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: 2 streets up lol, looks quite clean from the pictures it had anything done to it?

At least got a local fellow member haha from what I know (not been to see it yet) FMIC, Full S/S exhaust cyclones in a flat grey/black. HID Kit blue side lights and crystal headlights (I think). Replaced and rebuilt engine with 77k on it. Lowered front and back not sure by how much. Fuel pumps been turned up aswell so smokes a little lol.
Thanks given by:
Yea it's got crystals, you know if it has a Bosch or Lucas?

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 07:39 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Yea it's got crystals, you know if it has a Bosch or Lucas?

What's difference between Bosch and Lucas pumps? Iv not got round to reading up on them lol got half leathers aswell.
Thanks given by:
Lucas pumps belong in the scrap pile Bosch pumps belong on engines Smile

Bosch pump are better for tuning more things to tweak easier to adjust things, Bosch are capable of runnin pure veg oil at 90p a litre rather than £1.42 at pump

Bosch have a silver top to it looks little like a UFO

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 08:06 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Lucas pumps belong in the scrap pile Bosch pumps belong on engines Smile

Bosch pump are better for tuning more things to tweak easier to adjust things, Bosch are capable of runnin pure veg oil at 90p a litre rather than £1.42 at pump

Bosch have a silver top to it looks little like a UFO

Haha wouldn't know buddy going to few car Sunday as I'm free before work :/ will let you know! So Bosch pumps have capability of running loads better and can run on veg oil? Haha that's mint!
Thanks given by:
95% of them are Lucas but its a p reg so you may be lucky, let me know if you get it or not Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 08:23 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: 95% of them are Lucas but its a p reg so you may be lucky, let me know if you get it or not Smile

Will do buddy! They easy to change?
Thanks given by:
I've done a fair few

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 10:14 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I've done a fair few

Give u a shout when needs be if that's cool?!
Thanks given by:
Yea no problems mate ill probably pop round and have a nosed if you get it anyway :p

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 12:21 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Yea no problems mate ill probably pop round and have a nosed if you get it anyway :p

No sweat mate be sure to keep u posted!
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 01:35 PM)Kas1990 Wrote: @piggy cheers I actually didn't know there was a search bar been browsing people's projects lol thanks anyways.

so my post was helpful CJ! :p
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 06:10 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 01:35 PM)Kas1990 Wrote: @piggy cheers I actually didn't know there was a search bar been browsing people's projects lol thanks anyways.

so my post was helpful CJ! :p

Lol Rofl
Thanks given by:
I think what you are looking for is a diesel vectra...

You're welcome.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 07:40 AM)Jake Wrote: I think what you are looking for is a diesel vectra...

You're welcome.

And how do u figure that out?
Thanks given by: