Its finally happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its finally happened
Hang on, so it's a troll but not a troll, but the engine's f*cked?

Weirdest troll ever :/

Hope you guys get something sorted
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Stoopid troll is stoopid
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Take rocker cover off and inspect for damage, if tis good just time the cuss up with belt and drive on. itl run with bent valves anyway.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Wait, what? Lol....Not quite as spectacular as a rod through the block then. Tongue

Didn't you only recently have a new aux belt and tensioner after breaking one? Or was that someone else? Confused
Thanks given by:
if you search around though it is very uncommon for any valve damage to occur in these...but then again it could happen.

and i spose in jonnys case it is fairly easy for you boys to throw another lump in for relatively cheap but in my case just replacing the damaged rockers and a new cambelt and it was 100%
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh but what im saying is it takes half hour to swap out rockers / lifters, bang belt on and drash on, even if thre is partial valve damage, wont matter like that. Generally speaking the pistons just smashs the valve home and fucks the rockers, easier / cheaper than towing
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I do recall the below comment
Quote:http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6257-pos...#pid198434

Although, Darren, thats a good shout. Rocker cover off may take a while.

What do you reckon we do if we've smashed lifters? Fix it with more boost?

Fancy getting on a train with your toolkit darren? Big Grin
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Rocker cover takes 5 mins to remove, only few bolts, and will instantly reveal the main problems, just swap it all out, put belt back on / new belt if it broke (normally just slip around lower pulley a few teeth) crank it, if it sounds down on compression valves are most likely bent, just get afew cans of ether down the intake until it runs, and just hold the revs up until the valves "bed" back in, not ideal, but will get you home, ive driven miles before with a rod out the block running on 3, so this should be no big deal, its a derv afterall.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I have a 307 with a 2 litre hdi lump that the cam belt had gone on in work back along. It just broke a couple of rockers, replaced them and a new cam belt and was ok
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2013, 10:01 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Rocker cover takes 5 mins to remove, only few bolts, and will instantly reveal the main problems, just swap it all out, put belt back on / new belt if it broke (normally just slip around lower pulley a few teeth) crank it, if it sounds down on compression valves are most likely bent, just get afew cans of ether down the intake until it runs, and just hold the revs up until the valves "bed" back in, not ideal, but will get you home, ive driven miles before with a rod out the block running on 3, so this should be no big deal, its a derv afterall.

THanks Darren.

Thats what we'll do. Problem we have is france is basically shut untill monday. Even then parts are £ra*e. its 2k for a new 306 over here... and thats a shit one.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
What is it you need exactly? I still have the complete head from my HDi here, and could courier it same day/next day on Monday to wherever you're staying if that'd be any help?
Thanks given by:
Gutted mate hope u get it back safe.
Hdi decat midlebox mod soon to be stage1Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
By complete do you mean rockers, cam etc?
Thanks given by:
Sorry i couldn't really help you guys yesterday when you phoned but what I can do if it'd any help is drive parts down to Dover to meet someone if it's any help? Can't get the parts as I don't have a hdi lump spare or know anyone who had but if anyone further north does and they want to get them to me, I'll drive them to the chunnel
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2013, 01:55 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: By complete do you mean rockers, cam etc?

Yeah, literally just whipped the cover off and took the headbolts out....didnt touch anything else!

I would drive it down to dover if I wasn't such a pussy lol....but if anyone else wants to pick it up and take it down there they're welcome....
Thanks given by:
If someone can get the head from tom and drive it to me somewhere near the m2/m25 junction, I'll drive it to the chunnel
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
This does suck but atleast you have the support of the forum to help sort you out!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2013, 02:29 PM)Niall Wrote: If someone can get the head from tom and drive it to me somewhere near the m2/m25 junction, I'll drive it to the chunnel

I can meet anyone at the A14/A12 Junction (Tesco Copdock) - its then an hour/60 miles to the A2/M25 junction according to googlemaps.... Smile
Thanks given by:
Fooby says thanks but the problem is getting parts here rather than getting them to dover guys
Thanks given by:
No worries, the offer of courier is still there but obviously won't be till monday unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
Get fooby to ring me
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have spare 100k engine if needed, just the block and the head.
Thanks given by:
kinda feel bad that me and tom trolled about this actually breaking then 2days later it did Sad oh well was a HEROIC send off for the old engine jonny
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Seriously if all you have done is broken rockers, theres most likely nothing wrong with the motor! You wont need a rebuild...there straight valved diesel engines, gotta be worth a couple rockers to find out anyway even if you do tow it home and do it here...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's finally happened (NOW FIXED) DeeTurbo 14 7,296 12-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dhdcdarchy
  Whats happened to Whippy? dr_jekyll 6 1,620 24-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  WTF Happened? (Non 306) Toms306 8 2,647 14-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Last Post: colin247