Speedo problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo problems
Hi guys, my speedo seems to randomly cut out when I'm driving. Sometimes it comes back after a couple of seconds, other times it takes 10 mins. When it cuts out the milage doesn't increase. All the lights and other dials work. I guess it's a dodgy connection but don't know where to look? Iv looked behind the dials and the plugs look clean and the pins are all good etc
Thanks given by:
Almost definitely the speedo sensor. It's down the back of the gearbox on top of the diff. Iirc it's a 3 wire plug going into it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
This is getting quite a regular problem, seen a few threads about this
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:This is getting quite a regular problem, seen a few threads about this

Exactly. I've never had this problem my self but I have read that a good cleanup can sort them out so maybe it's a ingress of dirt and oil that ruins them?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok lovely thank you I'll have a look tomorrow! Thanks guys
Thanks given by:
only had problems like this with 205's but that went completely and peugeot didnt make the part anymore lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol hopefully it'll just clean up on mine
Thanks given by:
fingers crossed mate cause guessing how fast you are going with just the rev counter is hard work

Thanks given by:
Well Iv figured out 40mph in 4th and 5th on rev counter lol they r the only cameras on my way to work
Thanks given by:
lol yeah 1.5k revs in 5th was 50 in my 205 gt

Thanks given by:
Lol 1.5k in 4th and 1.1k in 5th is 40 for me
Thanks given by:
Mines come up with this problem to and it's annoying because my fuel gauge don't work the lights on the clocks don't work I have to guess my speed and other issues I noticed that the battery light don't come on either Confused and my handbrake light stays on unless I press the brake.................... Bloody electrics!!!!
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speedo problems Ben5732 13 1,856 18-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post: HDi--Power