Should I buy it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy it?
I moved to Aylesbury because of work 4 month ago and I decided to buy a car.
A very kind person here can sell me his Peugeot 306 1.4i at 550 quid, is it a good price? The conditions are very good and has 84000 miles.
Thank you
Thanks given by:
What year is it? Tax and mot?

Doesn't too bad
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can get a DT for that price. More powerful, more MPG, stronger gearbox and probably other things.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:21 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Can get a DT for that price. More powerful, more MPG, stronger gearbox and probably other things.

The 1.4 one is a 1997 and the seller said we can conclude very fast, but if you say that I can have a better version for the same price I'll search web for better offer
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother, the 1.4's are pretty shit quite frankly!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
mmm I'm a newbie, so what do you suggest?
Thanks given by:
As said; a nice little dturbo would suit you well. The point of a 1.4 306 is for new drivers to have and inevitably crash and dent; we've all been there
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
There is probably a few for sale on here, take a look in the for sale section.
Thanks given by:
As ginge said!! A 1.4 306 was my first all legal car and I write it off 3/4 months later :/ I won the claim though Big Grin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 11:48 AM)ginge191 Wrote: As said; a nice little dturbo would suit you well. The point of a 1.4 306 is for new drivers to have and inevitably crash and dent; we've all been there

First pug was a ph1 1.4 3 months and it was gone.... But on the bright side i killed a mitsubishi fto at the same time Big Grin just glad as i was going to change my insurance onto my Dtub half an hour before, as said they aren't the best engine or box at all, if you do decide to have it check the front left of the head for oil leaks
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
all agreed...but if insurance is an issue then you may want to check before you give up on the 1.4 n get a 1.9 turbobdiesel...

but a dtub would be a better car
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2013, 06:40 AM)Piggy Wrote: all agreed...but if insurance is an issue then you may want to check before you give up on the 1.4 n get a 1.9 turbobdiesel...

but a dtub would be a better car

Insurance was the same for both of mine, simpler/stronger engine so worth looking for one
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
1.4 is usually cheaper to insure, and also £100 a year cheaper to tax, I had 3 of them. I can conclude they are nowhere near fast........

Both will only do 45mpg ish average as standard..........but even I'd go for the XUD over a 1.4 now. lol
Thanks given by:
Go for the dturbo over the 1.4. I had a 1.4 and i scrapped it on 74K with mint body work as the engine was leaking everywhere D: The engines and gearboxes in the 1.4 are awful.
Thanks given by:
If you were going to pay me £550 for a '97 1.4 i'd want to sell it quickly too! before you changed your mind!

Get a DT, not the most refined engine in the world, but a good solid reliable workhorse. Easy to service too and will go on forever!

Therell be a buyers guide on here somewhere too, read it, there are a few common things which you can probably use to knock a price down if you know what you are looking for!
Thanks given by:
Depends on your requirements, if youre only doing short journeys then the 1.4 would be better for you. Could easily argue them down from 550 though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: