clutch judder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch judder
not sure if its normal but when releasing the clutch it seems to judder slightly its had a clutch done so dont think it that
Thanks given by:
only noticeable really taking off?
my 406 does it too, i just ignore it, think it may be warped flywheel but not that bothered to fix it..
Thanks given by:
Mine does the same

was actually gonna ask as well lol
Thanks given by:
I fitted a Valeo clutch the other day to my 306 XUD and it still judders when setting off, not too bothered by it. I think its just an XUD thing!
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
Check your engine mounts lads
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
top engine mount is gone in mine now you mention it, its nother job on the back burner..
Thanks given by:
ah cheers yer only when taking off if your real gentle it doesnt do it
Thanks given by:
mine does the same doubt its the clutch as all my engine mounts are dead lol
Thanks given by:
Funny I have this aswell, and just since I put my last engine in, notice it more if doing a hill start
Thanks given by:
Yeah nothing in any other gear except first even reverse is cool
Thanks given by:
I might be replacing all my engine mounts over the next few weeks anyway, I'll let you all know if it sorts it.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
Not normally engine mounts that causes this.

It's usually a flywheel that's gotten very hot and either warped or you've got clutch deposits ALL over it and it's causing it to skip.

The other cause if you've gotten an old clutch is that the friction plate springs are getting tired/broken - will cause juddering as the clutch jumps back and forth with each pulse.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 09:20 AM)Ruan Wrote: Not normally engine mounts that causes this.

It's usually a flywheel that's gotten very hot and either warped or you've got clutch deposits ALL over it and it's causing it to skip.

The other cause if you've gotten an old clutch is that the friction plate springs are getting tired/broken - will cause juddering as the clutch jumps back and forth with each pulse.

so i was right then.

hmm, better sell it quick.....
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna hold out till mot then maybe look at changing clutch
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 04:35 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: I'm gonna hold out till mot then maybe look at changing clutch

Sorry, What was the problem?
thanks!
Thanks given by: