Barely legal drivers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barely legal drivers
back to the show....

anyone find it odd how the girl improved with each drive?!?! yet had no idea about the possible prize?!

tbf....they did all the stuff older guys in business cars do all day long on the outside lane of the motorway
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 10:06 PM)SRowell Wrote: so.... youre saying the black people steal in tesco?

youd be partly right. My flatmate (from the previous seat belt story that started the whole thing) in second year used to pick up chicken as soon as we got into tescos. Hed eat it out of the packet as we were going round the shop and then when we arrived at the crisps section he would bury the empty packaging under all the bags of crisps! Didnt even happen once or twice, it was a weekly occurance!

Dude! Wtaf?! No twisting needed there, need to keep that shit to yourself. Thank f*ck not everyone thinks like you, else all white guys in 306s would be labelled as racist due to the actions of one moron.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Watched this ealier, thought it was pretty shit tbh, typical TV bloat etc, so much will have been edited in that to make it look good.

That said, how the hell did even one of those people get a car....the driving on both parts was f*cking horrendous, and to think people get pulled over on here for a little coal etc, and people like that are on the roads, piss take!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
This program physically made me angry! I want to punch that girl in her fat face
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
It's not just their driving that's frustrating it's their whole immaturity. They make a fuss over everything and are really loud and obnoxious. Compared to someone who just sits at home on the computer all day and can't find full time employment for love nor money they belong to a different kind of group (read: spoilt chavs). But at least they aren't wasting their life I guessUndecided Anyway these shows are obviously staged and delibrately make things seem as outragious as possible.
Thanks given by:
Watched this. Thought she was going to get the range rover, turns out it was a corsa.

They both annoyed me anyhow..
Thanks given by:
If i was that range rover dealer id kick her annoying arse out the door the second she walked in.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
We were watching this after a tomato sesh and my god it was killing me inside. It's all so staged.

The bit where he goes over100 for a tenner..
Kinda wanted him to roll and turn into a fiery inferno, might take out the fat f*ck as well her forehead was big enough to land a plane on.
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 06:24 AM)Piggy Wrote: tbf....they did all the stuff older guys in business cars do all day long on the outside lane of the motorway

My old man has a 5 series with an 8 speed auto box, does 90mph at 1500rpm. It doesn't feel like your going that fast either. Althought its no excuse, its so easy to do.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
its on again now! bbc3
Thanks given by:
missed the start so ill have to catch up with it later!
Thanks given by:
watched about 2 mins of it and it made me feel like killing people or paying kim jong un to make the first places he bombs essex and bristol.
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with Bristol! ish!

Still crazy program! How can people have passed their test and drive like this! Clear evidence the the system in the UK doesn't work. Stop reducing speed limits everywhere and teach people to drive instead!
Thanks given by:
Thornbury isn't really bristol... Although bristolians shouldn't be allowed on tv!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 08:43 PM)fuziduck Wrote: Still crazy program! How can people have passed their test and drive like this! Clear evidence the the system in the UK doesn't work. Stop reducing speed limits everywhere and teach people to drive instead!

well said...too much money spent on catching people driving badly when they think they are fine when it should be spent on prevention.

But all that said....I would say that for every under 21 who is a dangerous driver there is 3 people between 30-50 who are just as dangerous
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:03 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 08:43 PM)fuziduck Wrote: Still crazy program! How can people have passed their test and drive like this! Clear evidence the the system in the UK doesn't work. Stop reducing speed limits everywhere and teach people to drive instead!

well said...too much money spent on catching people driving badly when they think they are fine when it should be spent on prevention.

But all that said....I would say that for every under 21 who is a dangerous driver there is 3 people between 30-50 who are just as dangerous

But if the threat of being caught isnt there, people will speed. Saying the money should be spent on prevention is all well and good but there really is no teaching some people and some people think they know best and these are the people who need that threat of being caught to keep them within the limits.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What concerns me is blatant targetting of any kind of modified car when there's people in immaculate standard cars that are 10x worse a driver than the ones targetted.

Nitpick over a car with alloy wheels and a 'zorst m8 to try and find anything wrong vs banning someone for speeding with no hands on the wheel, lipstick in one hand, phone in the other, staring at the mirror or dancing around the car.

Trouble is, "boy racers" are a visible irritant to the middle class society. Shit drivers are not apparent unless you happen to be in the car with them.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:07 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 09:03 PM)Piggy Wrote:

But if the threat of being caught isnt there, people will speed. Saying the money should be spent on prevention is all well and good but there really is no teaching some people and some people think they know best and these are the people who need that threat of being caught to keep them within the limits.

I didn't really mean the getting caught bit. More about the fact that the limits keep being reduced and they are generally reduced to attempt to curb the speed of people who are are probably still going to speed even though its been reduced. So it actually inconveniences the people that do stick to the limit, when previously the higher limit has been fine for god knows how many years. (Although don't they have to have good reason for road deaths on a road before reducing a limit???)

Plus I don't think cameras are a bad thing necessarily but the driving test clearly doesn't work when people like those shown on this program struggle with the simple tasks in driving!
Thanks given by:
I was actually aiming my comment at piggy but yes i do agree that our driving test needs overhauling big time! This country is probably the easiest in europe to get a licence. We need to be more like Sweeden especially if we are going to be getting more bad weather.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:16 PM)Niall Wrote: I was actually aiming my comment at piggy but yes i do agree that our driving test needs overhauling big time! This country is probably the easiest in europe to get a licence. We need to be more like Sweeden especially if we are going to be getting more bad weather.

Ah yes oops!

Yes that would be the way forward, and if it does keep getting worse introducing a winter tyre law as well. But lets not get started on that, had a massive argument with a housemate about that saying her Mum can't afford to put new tyres on her car as it is, let alone buying a second set for winter. She couldn't see that whilst one was being used the others wouldn't be being worn. Plus if she can't afford to replace the current tyres then she shouldn't be driving an Audi A6! Some people have no idea! And I saw the car, she was driving on properly scrubbed front tyres!
Thanks given by:
The problem with a driving test is it is exactly that, a test, which you are taught to pass, nothing else.

The real driving doesnt start until you've passed really! Unfortunately that is where people then either become good drivers or shit ones with loads of bad habits....
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:16 PM)Niall Wrote: I was actually aiming my comment at piggy but yes i do agree that our driving test needs overhauling big time! This country is probably the easiest in europe to get a licence. We need to be more like Sweeden especially if we are going to be getting more bad weather.

surely we all know now that all negative comments are towards me?!

As a guy with some actual experience in this, a driver turns out how the driving instructor wants tbh

many teach to pass...they are crap but technically doing nout wrong.

go to sweden and the like and driver training is epic, start at 16, 2years of training, minimum hours etc, skid pans, the works...and their under 21 death and accident rate is like 25% of what it is here.

I also think speeding fines should be redesigned.
There should be crapdrivercams....immediate removal of licence dependent on if you met a certain criteria of crap driver. Inc towing a caravan.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:49 PM)Piggy Wrote:

surely we all know now that all negative comments are towards me?!

As a guy with some actual experience in this, a driver turns out how the driving instructor wants tbh

many teach to pass...they are crap but technically doing nout wrong.

go to sweden and the like and driver training is epic, start at 16, 2years of training, minimum hours etc, skid pans, the works...and their under 21 death and accident rate is like 25% of what it is here.

I also think speeding fines should be redesigned.
There should be crapdrivercams....immediate removal of licence dependent on if you met a certain criteria of crap driver. Inc towing a caravan.

I really dont see the need for that comment at all? It wasnt a negative comment at all. Just my opinions on why i personally think that your method of prevention may not be the best.
But still, yes if we tightened right up on who we let on the roads, penalties should be harder. If you have had the sort of training that the sweedish do, there is no excuse for you to be driving in the fast lane in torrential rain stuck to the bumper of the guy in front or there is no excuse for you to be doing 40 in a 20 past a school (im pretty sure the sweedish also end up watching a lot of videos on why reaction times/speed limits are so important and get tested on it heavily)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
defo

need for real training.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Too much money is spent catching people speeding as its easy to put up a camera for that and rake in the cash. Actually catching bad drivers takes time and effort as it needs explained and proved what they were doing that was so bad.

Speed is never the cause of an accident, it is only a multiplier that makes it worse.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Speed is never the cause of an accident, it is only a multiplier that makes it worse.

I understand what your saying in some circumstances, but i dont agree with that, most single car accidents where the driver has lost control, and purely because they were going to fast to handle the car / the car to cope in the conditions...

Speeding is a difficult issue, because IMO, if your a good driver, you can drive at any speed, safely, because you understand the car, what you can do, and what the car can do, But if you just said drive at the speed you feel safe, all the useless drivers who dont have much feel for cars, would be crashing left right and center, because they just cant get a feel for how a car is reacting / would react etc...hence the need for speed limits I guess..

The ones that frig me off are the total pisstake limits, like around here, they have just put a random load of 40 limits in, for miles on end, which used to be national, all big wide clear roads...no need for it at all, just pointless....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2013, 09:49 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: The ones that frig me off are the total pisstake limits, like around here, they have just put a random load of 40 limits in, for miles on end, which used to be national, all big wide clear roads...no need for it at all, just pointless....

These are the ones I'm referring to in Kent. Sections of national speed limits have been reduced to 50 or 40. So you're forever keeping an eye on any signs because they're not always obvious, especially when they are hidden in hedgerows. As far as I know the places where they have been reduced haven't actually had any fatal accidents, so I'm not sure why they can reduce them, other than possibly the set back houses complaining about the limit?
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2013, 09:49 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I understand what your saying in some circumstances, but i dont agree with that, most single car accidents where the driver has lost control, and purely because they were going to fast to handle the car / the car to cope in the conditions...

Yeah but in that case the accident is caused by them not braking soon enough, not paying enough attention to their surroundings, not paying attention to road conditions, poor judgement and various other mistakes.

Speed limits are there to stop peoples accidents through poor driving being at too high a speed when they do happen.

(10-04-2013, 09:49 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: The ones that frig me off are the total pisstake limits, like around here, they have just put a random load of 40 limits in, for miles on end, which used to be national, all big wide clear roads...no need for it at all, just pointless....
They do that here, drop NSL to 40mph because they cant be bothered to resurface it and if the surface is really bad they just put up uneven road signs instead of fixing the problems.
Thanks given by:
Got to disagree with you there Darren. As dum-dum says, its not the speed thats the issue, its the moron doing the speed in an inappropriate time/place. People should always drive well within their limits, accidents are caused by those who dont, your example given is a classic case of someone who doesnt know or ignores their limits.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legal advice rocker8742 4 1,621 08-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Road Legal Quad Bike insurance? Dum-Dum 34 23,719 30-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Last Post: w3526602
  Legal advice? WiNgNuTz 8 2,592 23-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz