removing O/S driveshaft

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing O/S driveshaft
Hang on, so did you actually find out what had seized it in then? Can't think I've ever heard of a stuck driveshaft in a 'box...considering its permanently lubricated! Confused
Thanks given by:
Seized driveshaft bearing
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Mine had seized in the mount before it took a good 40 minutes of smashing to get it out because the bearing was demolished.... I guess driving it round with the bearing knackered for 2+ years didnt do it any favours :p
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 09:46 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Seized driveshaft bearing

Huh? Confused

Intermediate bearing? How can it be if you'd removed the mount from the block? You said it was stuck in the box. :/
Thanks given by:
The bearing was removed from the block. The bearing Inside this was seized.
Thanks given by:
so it wasnt seized in the diff?! im confused Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You can't get the mount off the block and shaft without the driveshaft out since it's got a dowel that holds it in the block?!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hmm ok.... Confused

Not sure it makes sense but that is what I said the problem was the other day and you said it wasn't lol. lol

(02-04-2013, 06:04 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 06:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The shaft has a bearing ring around it. Whack this ring out of the mount, towards the wheel end of the shaft obviously.

ok, but then surely that'll just free up tje driveshaft from the mount, not the gearbox?

Fair do's though, thats the same issue with all of them.....infact I couldnt get rowells back in either so resorted to a hammer and crowbar....cut the f*cking cv boot didnt I! Doh I'm guessing I shoulda lubed the bearing before trying to put it back, learn from mistakes though, I'll give him the one off my HDi instead.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 07:41 PM)Ruan Wrote: You can't get the mount off the block and shaft without the driveshaft out since it's got a dowel that holds it in the block?!

The locating dowells were away from the mount - it was levered(?) far enough away to move freely - hence we could smash it off oncc the engine was out
Thanks given by: