Rolling road sessions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling road sessions
Jimmer021 Wrote:What time would it be?
Anytime between 6pm and 8 30 pm

Midnightclub Wrote:I should be able to do this provided my car passes its mot on Tuesday

Ok mate just let me know Smile

if we got a few more people together then it may make your trip more worthwhile Matt?
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry cant be arsed to read all 5 pages so
Id be up for but where is it? How much? How many runs? Printouts? And what dyno is it?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Sorry cant be arsed to read all 5 pages so
Id be up for but where is it? How much? How many runs? Printouts? And what dyno is it?

It is Bridgwater college where i study, £30 for 3 runs with printouts.
Its a Dynotech one which was last calibrated about a month ago if thats any help?
Thanks given by:
Ok sweet. And when are people thinking of doing it?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
With the print outs and runs.. would i be allowed to change my maps in between runs?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:With the print outs and runs.. would i be allowed to change my maps in between runs?

Not sure tbh mate, if so you may get charged again, dont quote me on that though.
Thanks given by:
I'm up for this tonight
Thanks given by:
Ideal, will send jack a pm and see if he will do it too.
Thanks given by:
Alright mate, I've already text connor and jack
Thanks given by:
Garlicbread Wrote:Our college (Bridgwater college) is offering a rolling road session for your car,
its £30 for 3 runs and a printout to prove.

The rollers are accurate within a couple bhp so no worrying about dodgy rolling road results.

Before the south west members say "im not letting some bridgwater dribbly touching my car!" im doing a Foundation degree in motorsport engineering and we maintain a radical PR6 for the invitational series at castle combe during the summer and only us will be using the rolling road.

We would be able to do this most weeks on a wednesday evening or thursday morning.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section
is anyone interested?

is john bullshiter evans still there? Is hugh currell or jason (can't remember his name) still there, they taught me lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
This is too soon! Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Come on trent.. it'll be fine Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Come on trent.. it'll be fine Big Grin

FMIC isn't on yet, nor have I acquired a ground Dan! LDA pin yet... Sad

Rather wait until that's done before I blow £30.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:is john bullshiter evans still there? Is hugh currell or jason (can't remember his name) still there, they taught me lol

I dont think so but there are so many lecturers in the motor vehicle section that they may be lol!
What course did you do?

silverzx Wrote:FMIC isn't on yet, nor have I acquired a ground Dan! LDA pin yet... Sad

Rather wait until that's done before I blow £30.

Well why dont you come down and get an intial power figure to actually see how much hp you gain with FMIC and ground LDA pin when you get it? Wink
Thanks given by:
Danny speaks the truth..

Are you actually getting your car on the rolling road mr.bread?
Thanks given by:
Garlicbread Wrote:Well why dont you come down and get an intial power figure to actually see how much hp you gain with FMIC and ground LDA pin when you get it? Wink

Wouldn't afford doing it twice so just gonna have sit this one out. Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Danny speaks the truth..

Are you actually getting your car on the rolling road mr.bread?

I may do for the lolz. Has Jack got back to you?

silverzx Wrote:Wouldn't afford doing it twice so just gonna have sit this one out. Sad

Let down!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, jacko can't afford it.. If my cars going on the RR then yours sure as hell is lol
Thanks given by:
Will they let me on with no exhaust?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
FLOL
Thanks given by:
Genuine question, like?

Or am I going to have to get underneath and sort it out... I'm kinda tempted though!

And will the college lecturer be sound with me trying to explain that my car does surge... So gotta be easy on the throttle...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
If garlicbread doesn't see this in time do you want me to text him? We're heading down for 18:30 sort of time, connor's coming too
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I dunno atm, it's whether I'm going to have time to get back home, check the car over, get the exhaust back on and secure then get down there fighting past bristol rush hour at 5:30...
Thanks given by:
I'll ask him to see if you can run it without an exhaust? bristol won't be too bad if you stick to the M5 gets a little clogged around J19 though
Thanks given by:
Garlicbread said you can talk to the operator about your car etc.. but he's not sure about the exhaust
Thanks given by:
Ehhh don't think I can be bothered, looks like I'm going to have to stay late at work...

I'll have to see what time I get home from work and then set off after fixing the exhaust... I'll post on here if I'm coming...

What time will it be going on until?

Midnightclub, do you mind PM'ing me your number, so I can get hold of someone slightly in the know?
Thanks given by:
Edit ^
Thanks given by:
it's between 6 and 8 mate, no probs i'll pm you now mate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reinstate The 25Year Rolling Road Tax Exemption Uberderv 9 1,628 21-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  darrenjlobb's Rolling Road Chassis Dyno Project darrenjlobb 171 31,714 29-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Rolling road near darlington mossy1985 5 1,194 20-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: mossy1985