Rolling road sessions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling road sessions
I'm going to stay naturally aspirated, sound s like too much work haha.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ the expensive way to go slow lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meh it will surprise people when finished!
Thanks given by:
I wish we had something like this in the NW
Thanks given by:
YES YES YES, well up for this! I need to sort mine out! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Meh it will surprise people when finished!

You dropping a V12 in it then? Tongue

The problem I found with 306s is that they all have good spec in ph3 (colour coded, skirts, chrome exhaust tip etc) and no engine size badges so from outside its hard to tell what they are......I was often getting asked if my 1.4 was a 2.0 lol........until they raced me. Sad

So unless its quicker than an xsi it may not surpise too many people. :think:
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it will be quicker then an xsi!
Thanks given by:
Well after karting last night i am completely skint.. If i can find some money from somewhere then i'll do it
Thanks given by:
Well whoever is up for it just let me know what wednesday evening you can make in this thread or via pm.

Turbo is probs the way to go for performance and fuel economy, however its all about being different nowadays so i have a lot of respect for you foxy-jim for being different.

If it doesnt go well though however i will constantly be mentioning turbo to you.

ninja
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Garlicbread Wrote:Well whoever is up for it just let me know what wednesday evening you can make in this thread or via pm.

Turbo is probs the way to go for performance and fuel economy, however its all about being different nowadays so i have a lot of respect for you foxy-jim for being different.

If it doesnt go well though however i will constantly be mentioning turbo to you.

ninja

How about a supercharged 1.4 instead. ninja
Thanks given by:
Na im not made of money haha. If it goes to plan it will be decent and sound amazing!
Thanks given by:
tb's?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Problem with VNTs is....

You MASH it at 30 in 4th, it'll bog, blow coal, then as the turbo slowly spins up, it suddenly overcomes the bogging, sends the exhaust pressure mental, spins the turbo up, drops the LDA, huge load of fuel, promptly lights up the clutch with silly torque then keeps lighting up the clutch until the torque dies off, then it "feels" as if the engine is reducing in power, when it's just coming into it's stride, then they lift off, producing the most GASH graph you've ever seen.

You've got to tickle them through the low RPMs, light throttle, then start bringing in the throttle as the boost builds, all the way 'till it's fully on boost, by which time your foot should be close to the floor, and hold it to wherever the owner's balls will let them take it... Unless you've got experience of driving larger turbo and pumped Diesels you just don't know by the noise what the engine is doing, sounds sad, but you definitely get a feel for what's going on via the noise...

Which is why I just wish some dyno operator would let ME control the throttle once you're on for the run... It'll never happen though...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:tb's?

ninja
Thanks given by:
I got a lot of time for tb's!
Thanks given by:
Would you be up for this tomorrow mr bonetta? If emma gets paid then i should be able to do this
Thanks given by:
Would anyone be up for this on wednesday 22nd? thats next wednesday?
just so i can let my tutor know about numbers and times.

However we cant do thursday morning as that is main college times and there isnt a huge amount of space.

Sorry about wednesday danny didnt help me dropping my phone down the toilet! lol
Thanks given by:
Garlicbread Wrote:Sorry about wednesday danny didnt help me dropping my phone down the toilet! lol

Could have done with some punctuatuion there...sounds like you and danny were in the toilet together. :? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Im up for whatever evening mate
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I cant do next wednesday. Am back at uni!
Thanks given by:
Yeah i'm up for whenever
Thanks given by:
Would anybody be up for this on wednesday evening? sorry if its a bit late notice.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Oh and we have a london one in the pipeline at a similar price

Ooo when?!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Garlicbread Wrote:Would anybody be up for this on wednesday evening? sorry if its a bit late notice.

Depends if you decide to flush your phone down the toilet and bail on me again lol
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:
Garlicbread Wrote:Would anybody be up for this on wednesday evening? sorry if its a bit late notice.

Depends if you decide to flush your phone down the toilet and bail on me again lol

I didnt flush it i dropped it! by the time i got a phone to txt it was like 5pm lol
but seriously this wednesday evening should be fine anytime from 5 30 Smile
Thanks given by:
Well... I don't know if i have the cash to do it.. I'll have to check my bank balance and see how much overdraft i have left

EDIT: Well.. appears i could afford to.. I'll see if connor wants to come down again this time.
Thanks given by:
Ok well just let me know who is coming down and at what time Smile
Thanks given by:
What time does it start from? I finish work at 4:45 all week
Thanks given by:
5:30 and goes on till like 8
Thanks given by:
Not too bad then, I'll speak to conrar and see if he's coming down
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reinstate The 25Year Rolling Road Tax Exemption Uberderv 9 1,628 21-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  darrenjlobb's Rolling Road Chassis Dyno Project darrenjlobb 171 31,716 29-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Rolling road near darlington mossy1985 5 1,195 20-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: mossy1985