Urgent help and advise needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent help and advise needed
Hi all, not sure which section to put this in...

There is a 306 local to me for sale and i'm pretty interested in it. its got no tax or mot, its an s reg 3 doot in dark blue tubron diesel.

i hve a few questions if i may ask them.... need a very quick reply please.

seller says it needs a new heater matrix - blowers dont get hot. is it an easy job to change? i know it might just be air in the system but i'm trying to find any other causes. are the heater matrixs a prone problem on these cars?

it need a new rear light - these are the same as the ph3 lights as well arent they?

it seems to have half leather seats - i know these might have been added as a later job but did any models this age come with them standard and if so, what are the chances of picking a repalcmenet drivers seat up?

finally... i have only owned a 1.8 petrol 306 (selling it now)... i have no experience with this model. is this td engine tunable? what power/torque did they come with standard? are they goob on mpg? suitable for towing a reasonable sized trailer?

I presume everything else to look out for are the same as on my 306?

thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
no MOT! or tax
tax is £150 for six months mot minimum £50 with no work probably need work for mot
heater matrix is a dash out job

walk away unless they are paying you to take it away better cars out there
Thanks given by:
is it likely to be a new matrix? more probably air in the system? he says its not leaked coolant.
Thanks given by:
Could be h/g, tbh I'd walk. It's worth scrap at best
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you said "seller says it needs a new heater matrix - blowers dont get hot. is it an easy job to change?"

check the passanger carpet is it damp and smells antifreeze yes matrix are common to go

its never just airlocked on cheep cars thats just what the seller tells you! could be headgasket
Thanks given by:
the seller hasnt said its airlocked. i was hoping it might be!
Thanks given by:
I would leave it bud Smile you can find better dturbos for like £500
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2013, 09:14 AM)declantg Wrote: I would leave it bud Smile you can find better dturbos for like £500

i'm sure there are, its just finding one local to me!
Thanks given by:
Where abouts are you mate?
If local I would be happy to drive you, sure even members may even check a car for you if you're nice Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2013, 09:29 AM)declantg Wrote: Where abouts are you mate?
If local I would be happy to drive you, sure even members may even check a car for you if you're nice Smile

cannock west midz!
Thanks given by:
Ahh to far from me, there are a few midlands members about!
If you spot a car local to me I'm happy to check it out

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Unless they are letting it go dirt cheap (under £150), Solid Chassis and you have time to fix it, don't bother. By the sounds of things there is a lot of work to go into it, and i question whether the chassis is solid enough to pass another MOT.
Sometimes Sellers are not always 100% honest, ask why it hasn't been put through another MOT?
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
theres loads in the midlands...

not looking enough! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
went to have a look just a while ago.

drove very well in fact but i have a few more questions...

it hadnt been started for a few weeks but started up ok, letting a puff of smoke out the exhaust and out the back of the engine bay - likely the flexi pipe was leaking?

under full load and at high revs it kicked out a load of smoke - that normal for this engine? also it seemed to whistle but couldnt tell if it was the turbo.

few minor body work dints and the rear bumper seemed missalligned.

blowers were stone cold too - always!

it was bagded as a turbo diesel 's'. whats the s part? lol

decided to walk away but at least it helped make up my mind about XUDs!
Thanks given by:
Dturbo S was the Sport version for the 'Dturbo'. Included Half leathers, Aircon? - i think and some extra bodywork bits.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by: